Seabed Deay

Looks really solid, nice work!

Where do you get your screw terminals?
Figure that's a Tayda UV print job, too? Real crisp.

Yep that's a Tayda UV print. Two passes of white with a gloss varnish layer.

Apologies in advance for the long reply about the screw terminals ... I just love them and love hyping them.

I get my screw terminals from a handful of different places, if you're willing to wait like a month for shipping the US this seller on AliExpress is where I buy almost all of them. ~15-40 cents each depending on the number of positions vs a buck and change each from digikey / mouser. The 2.54mm pitch 6 pin blocks that I use for the power, led, input jack sleeve pads at the top of pedalpcb boards usually takes a little bending of the outer two leads but I've never had trouble securing them as long as its that same layout. Tayda also has 2 position and 3 position 2.54mm pitch screw terminals and I'll often stock up from there every now and then because it's faster shipping. I use those for pedalpcb boards with different in / out layouts.

I'm a really huge fan of the terminal blocks, it makes debugging and popping builds out of enclosures so easy and are the method I've stuck with after a long time of considering alternatives (other than you know, just being better at doing builds). JST connectors are way cleaner looking but don't really make sense to use outside of the footswitch to the board, dupont connectors / header pins take up so much space in an enclosure (the female connectors are soooo long!!), and I've never felt sip sockets were super secure with solid wire.

I've thought about dying them black with RIT's synthetic dyes after seeing sparkfun's black 6 position (same manufacturer as all I've linked to btw, Degson) because I take these way too seriously.

Back