[Sheepylove] Lamb Flaps

szukalski

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Sharing a play piece I made over the last few months and just boxed up.
Pedal building (and playing in general) is way down right now due to other priorities, but I have been able to scrape this one together.

I love Chuck's GeFet Boost (the Texel is my boost of choice), so I took the design and added another 2 Germanium gain stages. Tweaked the stages a little and made a PCB. The result is a raw pedal which can give a bit of gain. It fits my playing well, I like the guitar/amp combo and this works like a dirty boost.

Some pics
It's missing a faceplate, but it'll be a back-lit one. I took The Gator route and used connectors for the IO. You may notice that the IO and PCB connectors are off-center, this lets builders use a traditional 3PDT if they don't like the smart relay approach. I like the approach, and the connectors make assembly a lot easier!

1723924614319.png 1723924633492.png 1723924659742.png

The Sounds
I just got back from summer holiday with the family, so you don't get much. There are 2 voices, lamb is normal, ram is boosted.
The level on the pedal is VERY low, to focus on the circuit instead of pushing the amp. It sounds even nicer pushing the amp. The ram voicing can get a bit of treble going on (it is raw), but I didn't add a tone control because I have one on my guitar which I can use.

The Schematic
There is a lot of output if you want it.
1723925262919.png

Back