Silicon Rangemaster P2P Build

hello to anyone! this isn’t exactly a pedalpcb build since it has no board at all, but since i started building i have a few bad drill job enclosures like im sure everyone does and haate seeing them just sitting around, reminding me of how shit i am at drilling haha. so I decided to try my hand at p2p wiring, originally kind of mulling over how to do an elephant pedals type of build, god they’re nice looking builds haha. mine on the other hand, i decided to not go for looks and just to make a working circuit first. so it’s basically a crows nest. anyway after putting it together it sounds great! i used a 4.7k resistor for the bias though i have also heard a 3.9k works for higher voltage/gain as well, which i may do on another build later. i accidentally threw in a 100nf instead of the stock 10nf for the output cap but it really doesn’t do anything. instead of the stock input cap i used a 6.8nf and a 100nf on a 2 way switch, though i think i might swap the 100nf for a 47nf or maybe a bit lower value to keep it more on a boost level, as with the 100nf it is basically a fuzz pedal.

all in all i’m really stoked on how this came out sounding! i did also use some some crappy cheap footswitches and jacks from ebay or wherever just to use up components. halfway through the build i came up with the idea to send a couple of these out to my friends as a freebie, but now they sound so good that im kind of bummed on using the shittier switches and jacks haha so i may switch out the footswitch just because it’s so much more pleasurable to step on a soft and quiet footswitch haha.

Attachments

• IMG_4196.jpeg
    IMG_4196.jpeg
    597 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4197.jpeg
    IMG_4197.jpeg
    490.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4193.jpeg
    IMG_4193.jpeg
    441.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4199.jpeg
    IMG_4199.jpeg