Simulcast and the oc71 transistor

Have to agree with Nostradoomus. Having built plenty of pedals with Ge transistors, both pricey and cheap, I have come to the conclusion that there is not a great deal of difference in the types of Ge trannies. Maybe there is in some circuits but if you're just using them to go grrrrr then I don't hear it! I've had great results with inexpensive Russian Ge transistors bought off Ebay. Hardest bit is finding higher hfe with low leakage, but it can be done. If anything I've had better luck with the Russian Ges than with the more expensive western Euro or US trannies, possibly because the good ones have already been taken.

I have just built one and used an AC128 with 80 Hfe and that sounds fine to me, not that I have auditioned others. FWIW.

I got mine here it took awhile to get here but they work good...
I see these on ebay. Any issues with them and d
I got mine here it took awhile to get here but they work good...

Just ordered a batch of these....fingers crossed that they are ok and within proper gain tolerance

If I remember right at least 5 out of the 10 were in spec for the simulcast...

I just received my batch of these. Looks like around 5 of them measured in the 70-90 gain range, leakage within tolerance. I used Small Bear’s measuring technique. I haven’t built the pedal yet though. Thanks for the suggestion

I have some TG5S transistors mentioned above. I've measured maybe 50 pieces. They rarely go above 90 hfe. Most of the measured pieces fall between 50-70. At least in my batch.

Back