Simulcast - Bass cut too extreme

socalledcomrad

Hi

So I've built my first pedal, the simulcast. It sounds great, but the bass cut has a really dramatic change between 6:00 (all the way down) and 9:00 (quarter up). Also, everything above noon is pretty much unusable. I used to own a real Hudson Broadcast, and it didn't have these issues. Can someone recommend me a mod to fix these "issues"?

Otherwise, the pedal sounds amazing. Exactly like the real thing.

Cheers!

Entirely sure.

But tbh the dramatic change isn't that big of a deal. My main "issue" is that the range of the pot is too large. I imagine that reducing the range would also make the taper a bit smoother, no?

Reducing the pot resistance would expand the bottom end of the resistance range. The typical A taper is 15%. That means from 0 to noon, the pot covers 15% of the total resistance. In this case, the pot is A10K so at noon the pot resistance is around 1.5K. Easily checked in-circuit with a DVM. If you're really not using anything beyond noon, you could sub in an A2K pot. You might want to verify that C5 is 330nF. If C5 was smaller, that would accentuate the bass cut.

Last edited:
Back