Slow Capacitor???

jhaneyzz

I built one of my crazy point to point Treble Boosters based upon this circuit jjjjjjjim (Dan)

Works great, but if I'm playing when i hit the stomp it takes a couple of seconds to gurgle it's self to life. (no immediate signal, then fairly quickly ramps up to proper volume)

I'm imaging a capacitor is not getting it's full flow of current and takes a quick sec to "fill"

I will be probing around the the DMM later but though it might be worth posting if the answer is obvious to others with more know how/have done...

1682027786514.png
1682027900140.png

um... because it wasn't on the schematic I guess.
I'm not much of a circuit designer.

Where does that go and what value should I use?
Will that solve the issue I mentioned or is this advice unrelated?

Unrelated question, but why is there a diode to ground on the output? I guess you'll get some asymmetrical clipping, but I haven't seen this on other TB circuits.

I flipped the 33uf cap and it does sound a "little" different, but I still get the "takes a second to kick in" thing.

So I added a 47uf electro between 9v in and ground oriented both directions to see if adding a power filter cap would help.

It doesn't make any difference.

I'll keep tweaking these but thinking of breadboarding a different circuit for my next PTP.

any good Treble Booster circuits to recommend?

I flipped the 33uf cap and it does sound a "little" different, but I still get the "takes a second to kick in" thing.

So I added a 47uf electro between 9v in and ground oriented both directions to see if adding a power filter cap would help.

It doesn't make any difference.

I'll keep tweaking these but thinking of breadboarding a different circuit for my next PTP.

any good Treble Booster circuits to recommend?
Rangemaster, naga viper

Nutter one would be the Throwbak Strange Master.

Moar Sujgestshuns:
DAM Red Rooster​
Pigeon FX Compact Rangemaster​
Mad Professor Ruby Red Booster and Buffer​

FIENDMASTER by Joe Gore

FALLSTAFF by Jon Patton pushes past 20dB, 
has an input stage so it plays nice with other pedals, and a colour knob changes up the distortion character and treble content.

Nutter one would be the Throwbak Strange Master.

Moar Sujgestshuns:
DAM Red Rooster​
Pigeon FX Compact Rangemaster​
Mad Professor Ruby Red Booster and Buffer​

FIENDMASTER by Joe Gore

FALLSTAFF by Jon Patton pushes past 20dB, 
has an input stage so it plays nice with other pedals, and a colour knob changes up the distortion character and treble content.
It's my understanding that the circuit this thread started with is basically a Red Rooster.

It's my understanding that the circuit this thread started with is basically a Red Rooster.
Yup! Its a very little touched red rooster using bc108s and added hard clipping. If I remember right, I made more changes to the one on the proto board by adding 2 more diodes.

I am not a circuit designer just a dude with a cranked blackface and an sg looking for them holy toanz.

Sketchy schematic courtesy of my shaky hands

Back
Top Bottom