Soldano slo100 AA electronics

It does make sense as far as to mod goes, but what about all of the other sockets? Where do they get their heater power from?

Last edited:
I ran AC1 and AC2 to the lamp and then took a feed from there for the heaters. For both pre and power tubes.
I’m guessing (and it’s only a guess!) That you would use AC1 and AC2 for the 6L6 and 12ax7 V3,V4 and V5, and then run the DC heater to the 12AX7 V1 and V2?? Proceeded with care 💥
Most DC heaters I have seen have been running the pre-amp tubes only. So this might actually make sense. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I ran AC1 and AC2 to the lamp and then took a feed from there for the heaters. For both pre and power tubes.
I’m guessing (and it’s only a guess!) That you would use AC1 and AC2 for the 6L6 and 12ax7 V3,V4 and V5, and then run the DC heater to the 12AX7 V1 and V2?? Proceeded with care 💥
Most DC heaters I have seen have been running the pre-amp tubes only. So this might actually make sense. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I think we're getting close. The only missing piece is a tag board to split AC1 and AC2. 2 lines to the DC mod pcb holes and 2 lines to the other v3, v4, v5, v6, etc.
Maybe run 3 of each, two to the board, and 2 each to run a parallel series for each set of tubes.
Just thinking out loud.

Have a look at this pic. I think we are getting close too. Look at the green wires from the transformer and the lamp.
I ran the transformer AC1 and AC2 directly to the lamp. Then took a feed off this, one goes to V6,7,8 and 9 and then then another goes to V1,2,3,4 and 5. Linked with a bus wire between them.
I would think that wire it like this for V6,7,8 and 9 and also V3,4 and 5 and then run two wires from the PCB DC heater directly to V1 and V2 and link them together too.

IMG_4520.jpeg

I saw the build section. It does help. I'm pretty sure I could fake it till I make it, but I still wouldn't have understood it.
Now I understand and know what needs to be done. This is just as much an art project as it is an amp build. Now I have to figure out how to make it really pretty!
Thanks for posting your pictures.

I did. That’s the Faux ground I needed. Kept it all neat. And no need for another bit of strip. I have also seen them done near the IEC too.
I ran a wire from the pre amp tubes down to the power tubes. I think you could do both though. One pair to the pre and one pair to the power.
I took a twisted wire from V5 under the board. To V7 and V8.

I did. That’s the Faux ground I needed. Kept it all neat. And no need for another bit of strip. I have also seen them done near the IEC too.
I ran a wire from the pre amp tubes down to the power tubes. I think you could do both though. One pair to the pre and one pair to the power.
I took a twisted wire from V5 under the board. To V7 and V8.
That's what I figured. I didn't see it in the pictures though. So you actually have 6 wires from the pilot. 2 to pre, 2 to power and 2 to the board, yes?
Edit: Now I understand, you have 4 wires, 2 to all the tubes in a series, routed under the board and 2 to the board.

Last edited:
It’s 2 going to the pilot from the transformer.
Then 2 going to AC1 and AC 2 on the board. Then 2 going to V5 (pin 9 and pin 4/5)
They are all jumpers to the other pre amp valves. Then down to the power amp too.
So you would just connect V3,4,5 together.
And then the DC to V1/2.

Back