Some Fuzzes: Pyrocumulus, Carbon Black, Depot

.... also wondering if those are the LMS 'Brutalist' plastic knobs on there and how you are liking them in person? Looking great on photo!
Like these here:
https://lovemyswitches.com/brutalist-knob-18mm-od/

Yep those are them! They're my favorite knobs by far but I can't help but wish they were maybe 2-3mm shorter, especially for the mini version. The height can block text sometimes, and no other knobs really go well with them imho. The brass insert on the 18mm one does have about that much clearance I'm realizing now while taking a closer look ... might have to take a dremel to one and see how bad I butcher it.

The small bear contempo is the identical knob, and modular addict sells the 18mm version and the 14mm one. My knob drawer is full of a mix of LMS, small bear, and modular addict and I can't tell any apart.

Thanks for quick reply! I see what you mean that the height can block the view to see text on pedal. At the same time I like knobs that go right down pretty close to enclosure with a standard 6.3mm pot shft, rather than hovering above the enclosure when the knob is a low height.
So do these go down pretty close to enclosure and do fit generally pretty well, are they pretty much consitently on axis or do they gice a bit of a slight wobble when turning pot?
Cheers!

Thanks for quick reply! I see what you mean that the height can block the view to see text on pedal. At the same time I like knobs that go right down pretty close to enclosure with a standard 6.3mm pot shft, rather than hovering above the enclosure when the knob is a low height.
So do these go down pretty close to enclosure and do fit generally pretty well, are they pretty much consitently on axis or do they gice a bit of a slight wobble when turning pot?
Cheers!

np! Covid furloughed means I’m lurking often lol.

I feel that too about the hovering - that is something I really really like about them. I've had no issues whatsoever getting the 18mm ones to lay completely flat against an enclosure but the 14mm's are a different story. The brass insert isn’t recessed so unless there’s a way to mount a pot without a nut on the outside it’ll hover. Maybe you could tap the mounting hole itself? Man I've got too much time on my hands.

73E91F90-A91C-47BD-96B5-67F7B4058625.jpeg

CAABC1A6-AAA8-4040-A6E6-D8EF1C42C69F.jpeg

Awesome thanks again for the speedy reply and taking the time for the photo, perfect demo. I think I'll go for those knobs in 18mm, they seem to be great and a good combination between quality and price. And the comes 'shipping to NZ' around the corner...

Hey cooder how you been? I recently started using affinity to get with the times, I had been using paint.net still haha. I tried adobe illustrator but affinity is much more user friendly and way cheaper. Within a couple days I had it figured out. And pandemic pedals has a great walkthrough tutorial for tayda and some great templates to download. Highly recommended!
Cheers, yes I've been good and busy not too much time lately for building but getting back into it again.
Yes I am trying to get my head around Affinity Designer and I have seen the walkthrough from pandemic, my head seems not getting quite as quick around it yet, I'm at the moment trying to just design in Affinity without using inkscape first as I had some weird problems doing inkscape first and then transferring. I'll hope I'll get it sussed.

Also wondering, have you used Affinity Designer to create the files for Tayda? Cheers.
Nah I use Illustrator. The Tayda UV Printing Thread is worth checking out if you haven't already, a lot of people in there use Affinity.
And pandemic pedals has a great walkthrough tutorial for tayda and some great templates to download. Highly recommended!

Definitely worth checking out, I cannot cosign this enough! I just got a Tube Screamer enclosure in the mail a few days ago with some of pandemic pedals' knob legends on it. Now I just need the w20k pot I ordered before the enclosure to arrive ...

Whoah this is awesome! I've been wanting to try out the copper hammer enclosures from Tayda for a while now, but I've been hesitant because I wasn't sure how the UV Print would turn out with it. The picture you posted of yours has absolutely sold me; even with the dark color used, you can clearly read the text with the gloss layer added! Does it have a texture to it? I was surprised when I got a matte black sand enclosure because of the texture, but I really like it. I'm also wondering what kind of knobs you used with the copper hammer enclosure because they look like the exact same material and it's badass!

Back