Son of Ben Preamp

danwojaz

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Built myself a few Son of Ben Preamps. I initially built the blue one and compared it to my original Benson Preamp and there was a very little discernable difference. The bulk of the difference was probably due to component tolerances. Other than that, the pedals sound just like the original. 10/10 would recommend. Just curious how you measure the 2K trim pot value. I just want to make sure I did it correctly.

Screen Shot 2023-09-05 at 12.34.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-09-05 at 12.34.50 PM.png

Nice. Hoping to finish mine soon. Just waiting on parts. What made you build 3 at once?
I have a few friends who will give me money for the components to build one for them. If I am going to build something, a lot of times the shipping is what makes it more expensive for the components. So the more I plan on building, the cheaper it will be per pedal. I stopped getting hardware, capacitors, ICs, Diodes, and transistors from Tayda. So I source the parts from several different companies. Digi Key, Love my switches, mouser, ect.

I have a few friends who will give me money for the components to build one for them. If I am going to build something, a lot of times the shipping is what makes it more expensive for the components. So the more I plan on building, the cheaper it will be per pedal. I stopped getting hardware, capacitors, ICs, Diodes, and transistors from Tayda. So I source the parts from several different companies. Digi Key, Love my switches, mouser, ect.
Yeah, I try to build a few things at once when I can too. I still use Tayda for most stuff though, as shipping to Canada gets rough quickly

Back