Soul Drive Pots and LEDs

Building the SoulDrive. Robert mentioned using a B1M for the drive pot in one version and a B500k in another version. I've got A1M stamped on my board. Can I get some feedback on this?
Also, I'm assuming that I need to use Red for the 2 clipping diodes. Is that correct?

I used A1M in mine, and the sweep is nice and smooth.
Red is what's called for, but you can use any you'd like. I put infrared LEDs in mine

I used A1M in mine, and the sweep is nice and smooth.
Red is what's called for, but you can use any you'd like. I put infrared LEDs in mine
ok I gotta hear more about the infrared LEDs... how'd you think to try it?

ok I gotta hear more about the infrared LEDs... how'd you think to try it?
Make sure you test any IRs before use.
They vary quite a bit in Vf. Not unit to unit but part number to part number.
Some definitely get in the range of "never gonna clip"
Memory is likely wrong but I think I've seen some larger ones with a Vf of nearly 4 volts.
If you clip those on a 9v circuit, your opamps hate you.
They're very useful in bass circuits that tend to have a higher input voltage.

Browsing Tayda one day, looking at all the forward voltage drops of all the LEDs, and those stood out for having a lower vf than the reds, but not as low as a typical silicon
very clever!! death by audio vibes to utilize a unique or oblique component.

I have a vague recollection of some random diy project that used them for defeating facial recognition tech, but don't quote me on that.

Make sure you test any IRs before use.
They vary quite a bit in Vf. Not unit to unit but part number to part number.
Some definitely get in the range of "never gonna clip"
Memory is likely wrong but I think I've seen some larger ones with a Vf of nearly 4 volts.
If you clip those on a 9v circuit, your opamps hate you.
They're very useful in bass circuits that tend to have a higher input voltage.

I've been using the Chanzon brand from Amazon. Most of them are on the lower end, with quite a few at 1.1v

Back