Spaceman Sputnik II/III clone

01bd948489155db5d72a2bbf02749b2f.jpg

I'll be that guy and ask the question everyone is thinking:

"Are any PCBs going to be available to buy?"

The build, the build-report and... all the levels are Next-Level.

Most impressive indeed!
I hadn't thought about that tbh. I'm certainly open to it, assuming @Robert has no objections.

Yeah, I'm with the cat on this. I've also been interested in this circuit for a minute and this layout looks mighty tidy. Tighty? Fomo is unbearable, eh @Feral Feline ?
I'd be totally okay if it was a one-off just for PedalBuilder — it. is. that. awesome.

The FOMOrce is strong in this one, yes, so much so I had to ask about availability because of this part of the build report (bold emph mine):

So, how does it sound? If you've heard a demo, those are a very good indicator of how it sounds. It reminds me a lot of the Tone Bender Mk. III family when it's running at higher fuzz settings, but it does a better job of cleaning up with the volume knob than any of the Mk. III-type fuzzes that I've played. The gain control goes from a dark, fuzzy light overdrive all the way to face-melting fuzz. The filter knob has a lot of cool sounds from one end of the dial to the other, with genuinely useful tones across the sweep. Does the pedal doom? Yes, it does. Does it do Ziggy Stardust? Also yes. What about chimey cleans when you roll down the volume knob? It does that, too. The filter switches have a subtle, but still noticeable effect when the pedal is operating in normal mode, and a massive effect when the pedal is in feedback mode. The feedback mode initially seemed to be a cool gimmick, something that you might do once and a while at the end of a solo, but otherwise something that would go unused. After playing with it for a while, it's actually a much more versatile tool. It can do blasts of feedback, but when the feedback knob is set just at the edge of oscillation, it lets you get a lot of interesting texturesring modulation suboctaves, glitchy gated fuzz, smooth synth tones, and other sounds that I don't know how to describe. It's a ton of fun to play and is a great creative tool IMHO. Building it was definitely a learning experience, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I mean, I could've easily bolded the entire above quoted section.

EDIT: re PCBs — perhaps a collaboration with Robert?

I'd be totally okay if it was a one-off just for PedalBuilder — it. is. that. awesome.

The FOMOrce is strong in this one, yes, so much so I had to ask about availability because of this part of the build report (bold emph mine):

I mean, I could've easily bolded the entire above quoted section.

EDIT: re PCBs — perhaps a collaboration with Robert?
Hearing no objections, anyone is interested in the PCB is welcome to PM me.

Back