Spatialist - clean sound, no effect at all

zzzmalo

Hello

It's now my +/- 40 units done without any real issue.

But, I just finished the Reverb Spatialist which I really wanted...

FV-1 already on the board when I bought it.
So, I tough it would be easy as usual... but it didn't work.

bypass is working
When activated, Mix and Volume are working.
No reverb at all, nothing, just clean sound.
The 3 upper pots don't do anything at all.

Any idea?

Thank you! :)

Few things to check
1) make sure your 3pdt isnt borked
2)audio prode the fv-1 pin 1/2(top left) and make sure you are getting input signal
3)does the mix knob do anything? Clean signal to noise, clean to nothing, clean to clean?
4)if getting signal into the fv-1, check for 3.3v on pin 6
5)if getting input and have 3.3v, check for output with an audio probe on pin 28(top right)

Few things to check
1) make sure your 3pdt isnt borked
2)audio prode the fv-1 pin 1/2(top left) and make sure you are getting input signal
3)does the mix knob do anything? Clean signal to noise, clean to nothing, clean to clean?
4)if getting signal into the fv-1, check for 3.3v on pin 6
5)if getting input and have 3.3v, check for output with an audio probe on pin 28(top right)

1- I will check the 3PDT
3- Mix and volume are working, signal stays perfectly clear whatever i do with both knobs.
2-4-5 - I've read about audio probe, and I will need to learn that. Really don't know how to do it.

Connect the left end of R5 to ground and see if you get a wet signal. It won't be the Spatialist effects, but it will determine if the EEPROM is the problem.

Arachnid.png

And do you what happens next with PedalpCB if it's the FV-1 that is faulty?

It's rare, but if the FV-1 IC ends up being the problem you'll get a replacement.

Connect the left end of R5 to ground and see if you get a wet signal. It won't be the Spatialist effects, but it will determine if the EEPROM is the problem.

View attachment 76244

It's rare, but if the FV-1 IC ends up being the problem you'll get a replacement.
Ok guys, just found after trying this and also asking PedalPCB by mail that I'm still a complete noob...

Eeprom was not working, FOR SURE, I didn't use the pre-programmed one that I bought.
Sounds wonderful now.

Lesson learned.

Thanks to everyone, great products and great community! :)

Back