Spatialist Reverb

Crash102

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
My giant Tayda order finally came in, and this was the first pedal I wanted to finish. I’ve been using the Spirit box on my board, but wanted to try something different.

This was the first Spin FV-1 Pcb I’ve used. I was pretty nervous as the cost of the board plus pre soldered chip is more than the standard overdrive or fuzz. But the build when off with a hitch.

It sounds really good. I wish I had done more research for the labels. But I kind of like playing the guessing game with the knobs.

I think I’ve decided that the matte sand white enclosures from Tayda are my favorite to work with. I was worried about the No Film Decal staying on . But my worries were unfounded.

Additionally, I’ve discovered that doing the labels in negative with the enclosure color coming though black makes the letters pop. Plus, I don’t have to worry about the letter flaking off during the decal process.

I recently purchased some faceplates for the power supply and jacks, and I really like the look of it, plus it helps me get those holes straight.

Im still working on getting my off-board wiring down pat. I know it works, but some of the neat, tidy wiring you guys do is something I want to get to.

All in all, fun build. 7B74153B-0AE4-4CF2-8938-27BFE57F15D4.jpeg AAF3510D-D827-4477-9CD2-070BD60488E8.jpeg 98F4648B-2679-4A1A-9D03-1B31F64C17E6.jpeg 80076191-2A70-46EB-8F84-F3EA70535B00.jpeg

Beautiful build !

Do you know there's an easy mod to access the internal FV-1 effects, with a toggle switch and 2 wires ? 8 extra effects... the mod works on every FV-1 based circuits.

I built a Spatialist recently. Unfortunately, I am not really impressed by the reverb sounds. I wanted a good alternative for my digital multi-reverb : a small EHX Ocean 11, and I think the EHX sounds much better.
This one feels kind of cold and low-fi in comparison. Mostly, it's the decay of the reverb's tail sounding weird and artificial, in my experience. The reverberation fades away in an unconvincing and unnatural way ?

Doesn't it sound like the first 4 modes, room, hall, chamber and cavern, are pretty much the same effect with more or less controls's range and depth ?

I love the Unison and the Hydra, but not this one, I wonder if i am the only one ?

Last edited:
Back