Spatialist Reverb

Bio77

Thought this one came out cool. Standard FV-1 build but I added the slam switch. Needed to have all the pots off board to make everything more comfortable. I would have preferred a soft touch foot switch, but the client wanted the standard. Enclosure is no-film on a lightly sanded bare box. IMG_3374.jpg
IMG_3377.jpg
IMG_3378.jpg

That's an awesome panel- totally worth the courageous amount of off-board wiring!
The way you labeled the controls for the different settings is really great- unused settings quickly became mystery settings on my Arachnid build..

this is so cool! I love the artwork (including what the controls are for each, brilliant).

I'm building one of these for a friend, I'm going to try to add the mod for enabling the stock FX rather than the EEPROM chip. the LED brightness trim pot board is clever, I always had assumed I'd use a utility PCB for that.

very inspirational!

A+ on those graphics and control layout. I think bumping the enclosure size up was totally worth it. I have one of those drilled and populated but I got stuck trying to figure out how to label the rotary. That’s the best 8 way label job I’ve seen.

Thanks everyone!
That's an awesome panel- totally worth the courageous amount of off-board wiring!
The way you labeled the controls for the different settings is really great- unused settings quickly became mystery settings on my Arachnid build..
Totally agree, with so much to choose from and how different the controls are, it's either make it big or carry a crib sheet :ROFLMAO:
Haven’t seen a Bio build in a while. You certainly haven’t lost your touch, that looks fantastic!!
Thanks, Gordy! I'm still getting um out every once in awhile.

That is incredible! Fantastic execution of a great idea!!! Those knobs!
This really gives this reverb more. Like getting due justice. Damn that is fun!
Let's talk about that slam switch. What does it do exactly?
Those knobs !...

Thanks!
Let's talk about that slam switch. What does it do exactly?
The slam switch shorts pins 2 and 3 or the dwell control. So, pressing it maxes out the Dwell. It isn't very noticeable on the first few presets but from chamber on you can set the dwell low or in the middle and use the slam switch to engage long ambient sounds. It works really well with the FV-1, it has a nice ramp.

Man that looks fantastic!

The slam switch shorts pins 2 and 3 or the dwell control.

You might want to consider a resistor in series with the Slam switch.
If the Dwell control is fully CCW when you hit the switch it'll short the 3.3V supply to ground.

Alternatively, you could use a normally closed momentary switch to break the connection to lug 1 when it's pressed.

Thanks everyone!

Love everything about this!
Are those the "Roland" knobs from Tayda? I was wondering what they look like.
Yes, they are awesome. Takes some planning because they fit spline pots. Also, the color on the indicators is dayglo orange. I originally tried having some orange in the graphic but it's not possible to match the knob color with laser print, too dull.
Man that looks fantastic!

You might want to consider a resistor in series with the Slam switch.
If the Dwell control is fully CCW when you hit the switch it'll short the 3.3V supply to ground.

Alternatively, you could use a normally closed momentary switch to break the connection to lug 1 when it's pressed.
Interesting. I defiantly throw a resistor in there before I send it out. Would you recommend a 1k resistor or lower, say 100 ohm?

I'd go with something like 220R - 560R.

You want a resistance low enough to limit current to an acceptable level but not high enough to affect the "dimed" state of the pot.

Back