Splendiferous Overdrive (Mad Professor Royal Blue OD)

MichaelW

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Double dipping builds today.....I tried to catch up to @Brett but he just blew me away......hahahaha :ROFLMAO:

Obviously he put a LOT more effort into his most excellent graphics than I did, but as I mentioned in my Resinite Overdrive build report earlier today, I had this on the bench and decided to knock it out this evening.

I agree with pretty much everything @Brett said is his build report. Another great BJFE circuit.

This one differs from both the Resinite and the Skylight in that it's a much more "transparent" drive although there is some overlap at higher gain settings with the Skylight.

I say "transparent" in quotes because it means different things to different people, but to me, it means that the essential tone of your guitar is preserved and not obfuscated by the pedal. Yet.......yet......there's that "chewiness" that's common across all 3 Mad Prof drives that I've built so far.

I would really love to see a board for the "Sweet Honey" low gain overdrive to round out my Mad Prof collection. Man I really love the sounds of these 3 drives I've built.

I went with the Tayda red sand and my signature graphics......which is none....:ROFLMAO:. IMG_4196.JPG

IMG_4195.JPG

Actually I used always use bezels until recently.
I’m still pretty new here. I’m only familiar with your recent no-bezel work I guess! I like the expensive chrome bezels. The cheap ones with the sharp edge, not so much.

I’m a big fan of the way you’ve been doing the leds just poking through the enclosure with no bezel. I also like the freestyle led location vs following the one in the drill template. I’ve been looking at getting some pre-wired leds so I can start playing around with LED locations.

I’m still pretty new here. I’m only familiar with your recent no-bezel work I guess! I like the expensive chrome bezels. The cheap ones with the sharp edge, not so much.

I’m a big fan of the way you’ve been doing the leds just poking through the enclosure with no bezel. I also like the freestyle led location vs following the one in the drill template. I’ve been looking at getting some pre-wired leds so I can start playing around with LED locations.
Yah something about the LED poking through nice and neat just appeals to me heh.

Not the Royal Blue, but there's a Sky Blue here:

Back