Strain relief - help me brainstorm!

Harry Klippton

I've been meaning to finish wiring my pedalboard. I meant to solder cables straight to the input and output jacks on the board, but I definitely need some strain relief.

I installed electrosocket jack cups to the board for the input and output cables, and I'm using switchcraft-style open frame jacks screwed into the electrosocket cups. I've got the mogami 2314 cable, which had an OD of 4mm. It's hard to find cable clamps small enough to hold the cable.

The best solution will be first and foremost elegant and bombproof. What do you think?

These are nice for a surface you can’t screw to.

But for elegance and bomb resistance I don’t think you can beat the p clamps.

s-l1600.jpg

I can't recommend a specific product, but if you can't find what you want at McMaster-Carr, it probably doesn't exist.

Also - my local library has a 3D printer. If you really can't find what you what, you could always design your own and have it 3D printed (then make extras and sell at an outrageous markup on Etsy!).

I can't recommend a specific product, but if you can't find what you want at McMaster-Carr, it probably doesn't exist.

Also - my local library has a 3D printer. If you really can't find what you what, you could always design your own and have it 3D printed (then make extras and sell at an outrageous markup on Etsy!).
They do have a fine collection!

Tension clutch from a Cry-Baby-clone might be small enough?

Note, I'm measuring my clone-clutch as tight as it will go and don't have any 4mm cable on hand to test it with.

The actual Cry-Baby clutch looks bigger, or at least wider, but the diameter may be the same.

Might be hit'r'miss.

Back