Strat wiring Help

swelchy

Wired up a friends silver sky and for the life of me i cant figure out why the volume control is not working.. I have it triple checked and wired exactly like this fralin example:
1714936379861.png

no matter what all the signal still goes through in every position... volume is wide open.. it almost acts like a tone control

Hmm looks normal to me. I think the back of the tone pots need to go to ground tho. Do you have the third lug of the volume pot soldered to the back and to ground? Using a 250k pot?

yeah.. the volume pot lug 3 i have a lead leg going through it and soldered to back of pot... driving me batty... when I originally got all the new pots I measured them and checked with multimeter their sweep to check their tolerance....

Thats whats driving me crazy... yeah the jack ground is connected to lug three of the volume pot... tone knobs work... I just ordered new pots and a new switch again.. they starting to look ratty after rewiring a couple times... so im gonna start over fresh

Thats whats driving me crazy... yeah the jack ground is connected to lug three of the volume pot... tone knobs work... I just ordered new pots and a new switch again.. they starting to look ratty after rewiring a couple times... so im gonna start over fresh
Do you have a simple Alpha 250kA pot to see if the wiring works then?

I just ordered new pots and a new switch again
It's a bummer that you had to order new ones. When you get it wired up again, hopefully all is well! If not, snap some pics in case somebody spots something that was missed.

No idea really what went wrong but I bought 3 new pots and a switch and rewired everything and it's perfect now.... measured the pots after I took them out and they were fine... No idea what I had wrong but at least it works now

Back
Top Bottom