SOLVED Stripboard rat

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor

So this is the stripboard layout I’m following for a rat here’s the problem I get bypass but nothing when engaged I checked the ic that’s fine I biased the 2n5457 correctly it’s at 4.6v. The only thing that is getting me is the wiring the board doesn’t have an output simply says wire output to volume leg 2 which I did but then how do I wire up the footswitch? I followed this diagram here
One thing as well I didn’t wire an LED I know you don’t them for the circuit to work just thought I’d throw that in there.

image.jpg
Notice pin 8 and 9 are not connected the diagram is asking to put and LED for pin 8 and pin 9 you need an output for from the board the dirt box diagram doesn’t have one listed. Thanks for the help in advance.

image.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fig
Fig in TS is like…

UGsnp1A.gif

were good on c10 as well. so heres something i just found out when i touch pin 2 i get very low audio signal based on the schemtaic i should be getting full audio signal. i followed that trace and it leads to the teepee resistors of 100 ohm and 470 ohm equaling 570 ohm or so i thought maybe that could be the solution cause anywhere on that rail is giving me low audio.

were good on c10 as well. so heres something i just found out when i touch pin 2 i get very low audio signal based on the schemtaic i should be getting full audio signal. i followed that trace and it leads to the teepee resistors of 100 ohm and 470 ohm equaling 570 ohm or so i thought maybe that could be the solution cause anywhere on that rail is giving me low audio.
I must have misunderstood. So C10 is not producing a full audio signal?

Back