SOLVED Stripboard rat

steviejr92

Authorized Vendor

So this is the stripboard layout I’m following for a rat here’s the problem I get bypass but nothing when engaged I checked the ic that’s fine I biased the 2n5457 correctly it’s at 4.6v. The only thing that is getting me is the wiring the board doesn’t have an output simply says wire output to volume leg 2 which I did but then how do I wire up the footswitch? I followed this diagram here
One thing as well I didn’t wire an LED I know you don’t them for the circuit to work just thought I’d throw that in there.

image.jpg
Notice pin 8 and 9 are not connected the diagram is asking to put and LED for pin 8 and pin 9 you need an output for from the board the dirt box diagram doesn’t have one listed. Thanks for the help in advance.

image.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fig
According to the schematic I am looking at, yes sir. ;)

C10 is directly after the 2N5458 to filter the DC from the signal (I think…it’s all above me).
you are very much right! I get audio from c10. i think that the problem is in the distortion area if you look at pin 2 of the ic you'll see it connects to a 100p cap then to the 1st leg of the distortion pot. i get low audio in that entire path but when i probe the 1st leg i get good audio coming through. so im thinking its in that teepee area i have going on it might be my teepee it might not im not sure here lol

Reactions: fig
do0YBhP.gif

re
Like…under D2 for instance…not hard to miss
so all my cuts and links are good! i reflowed the whole rail and nothing, when i plug it up i get sound coming through when everything is maxed and the eq does "move the audio". not getting any distortion at all. might just reflow every joint and see what happens

update: i probed from input to r1 i get audio from one side of the resistor should i be getting it from both sides?

Last edited:
Back