Stuff

I didn't build my house, but Ted did in 1935 and we're the second owners (RIP Ted 🙏) and it's the same thing here. Sometime in the last 8 years, people in town have stopped calling it Ted's house and started calling it the Chicken House though 🤷🐓
Wait, Ted built you a house in 1935? Have you been messin’ around with my time machines again Will? 🤨

Today I’m hoping to get at least a few resistors soldered on this today, but if I have everything on-hand I should have it done this weekend. I don’t have a pre-drilled/UV printed enclosure mainly because I only decided to build this 10 minutes ago :ROFLMAO: I have some powder-coated blanks…in fact a couple of those limited-run gold ones from LMS arrived the other day so maybe I’ll use one.

zHsjdbG.jpg

Last edited:
More troubles in Sparkle City I’m afraid…

Being an antsy-nancy I decided to test the circuit ( thanks for the 4pdt pad layout @PedalPCB ). One side throbs like a …..well it let’s just say it works swell.

I suppose It’s the other side…the one that isn’t working that has me concerned. 😑 I tracked it down to a dodgy photoresistor. Either it found it’s way into the wrong bin or I had just come back from a break when I measured it….it doesn’t read like a 5516. I’ll put another in when the stomp-switch gets here. Hopefully, that’s all it is… :unsure:

Swapping out the photo-resistor cleared that up (y)

I put this together this morning. It’s an optical compressor, the PedalPCB Constrictor. I’ve only run waveforms through it so far, but it seems to do it’s bit to them. I’ll dial out any thump once I get a guitar connected to it. I have a few builds needing enclosures, so I’m off to Tayda later. I wonder what percentage of assembled pcbs end up in boxes drilled && / || printed by them or Amplifyfun…70%+ ? :unsure:

xeCL9PL.jpg

I put this together this morning. It’s an optical compressor, the PedalPCB Constrictor. I’ve only run waveforms through it so far, but it seems to do it’s bit to them. I’ll dial out any thump once I get a guitar connected to it. I have a few builds needing enclosures, so I’m off to Tayda later. I wonder what percentage of assembled pcbs end up in boxes drilled && / || printed by them or Amplifyfun…70%+ ? :unsure:

xeCL9PL.jpg
I box all my builds, even the ones I don’t like so I skew that average…

xeCL9PL.jpg
I'd be interested in what you're seeing running your waves through this pedal. it's in my "imminent" queue....maybe later this week to build. I've found that I have a preference for optical compressors after using a Ross style for a long long time (never knew there was such a thing as an optical compressor pedal until I built my Cornish OC-1/Aion Oceanid). I find I really like the more subtle approach to compression, especially for chordy parts and also for lead work.

I find the simplicity of the Constrictor appealing.....I don't do well with too many knobs and options......

I'd be interested in what you're seeing running your waves through this pedal. it's in my "imminent" queue....maybe later this week to build. I've found that I have a preference for optical compressors after using a Ross style for a long long time (never knew there was such a thing as an optical compressor pedal until I built my Cornish OC-1/Aion Oceanid). I find I really like the more subtle approach to compression, especially for chordy parts and also for lead work.

I find the simplicity of the Constrictor appealing.....I don't do well with too many knobs and options......
I‘ll try to get some screenshots…I did plug a guitar into it a few minutes. Subtlety abounds. ;)
I put up a drill template for it as well. I’m hoping to have them print my new logo on this batch of enclosures, assuming I can figure out the Illustrator bit.
I’ve tried to hand paint enclosures a few times but it was disastrous, so I’m determined to get something for the $ I’m paying to Adobe. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Wow, reading that back…I, I, me, me…..sounds like me….d’oh! I did it again….and again! That’s the last straw…I’ll never mention me again….I give up…crap…..

I‘ll try to get some screenshots…I did plug a guitar into it a few minutes. Subtlety abounds. ;)
I put up a drill template for it as well. I’m hoping to have them print my new logo on this batch of enclosures, assuming I can figure out the Illustrator bit.
I’ve tried to hand paint enclosures a few times but it was disastrous, so I’m determined to get something for the $ I’m paying to Adobe. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Wow, reading that back…I, I, me, me…..sounds like me….d’oh! I did it again….and again! That’s the last straw…I’ll never mention me again….I give up…crap…..
Well considering this forum is called "Fig's Bench" I think a bit of self centeredness, self-absorbedness, self-aggrandizement is called for....:)

To the members who are waiting for something from me, I ran out of packaging last week and the reorder was delayed, but it is out for delivery and I’ll get everything out. I bought a snappy new label printer and a roll of 4x6 labels. I also got some 1x1 for the QR data sheet code to line the inside over of the parts bins.

Fib Labs will resume normal shipping tomorrow. (y)

I was annoying someone earlier today in DM, and they couldn’t decide between building a pedal, playing and/or recording tunes, or yard work. 🤨

Fearing that same fate might befall me, I took it upon myself to help me decide what to do with my day. I was absolutely no help though, so I took a break on the front porch, and forgot all about it for awhile. 😎

I decided to build a pedal. Which one? Hmm….I stuck my hand in…pulled out a…..no, don’t feel like building that. Then I pulled out a Fuzz Aldrin. Yes, that‘s a casual build, and my fellow fuzzers will testify that one can never have too many fuzz pedals about. As I pressed the last resistor in and turned on the iron I suddenly decided I should breadboard and futz with it a bit…I’m particularly looking at the BODY and BRITE configurations. Schematic HERE . All you seasoned modders or new builders with an interest are welcomed to share your thoughts.

To the Lab! 🤣

I was annoying someone earlier today in DM, and they couldn’t decide between building a pedal, playing and/or recording tunes, or yard work. 🤨

Fearing that same fate might befall me, I took it upon myself to help me decide what to do with my day. I was absolutely no help though, so I took a break on the front porch, and forgot all about it for awhile. 😎

I decided to build a pedal. Which one? Hmm….I stuck my hand in…pulled out a…..no, don’t feel like building that. Then I pulled out a Fuzz Aldrin. Yes, that‘s a casual build, and my fellow fuzzers will testify that one can never have too many fuzz pedals about. As I pressed the last resistor in and turned on the iron I suddenly decided I should breadboard and futz with it a bit…I’m particularly looking at the BODY and BRITE configurations. Schematic HERE . All you seasoned modders or new builders with an interest are welcomed to share your thoughts.

To the Lab! 🤣
Well the "said person in DM" had his decision made for him. He tweaked his back picking up a 50lb bag of cow manure at Home Depot with the missus. Now with Advil and a muscle relaxer onboard, there's not much "he" can do besides sit around and play guitar.......:)

Back