Stuff

Well the "said person in DM" had his decision made for him. He tweaked his back picking up a 50lb bag of cow manure at Home Depot with the missus. Now with Advil and a muscle relaxer onboard, there's not much "he" can do besides sit around and play guitar.......:)
Here's to a. Swift recovery. Every time I hurt my lower back I do 3x20 unweighted back extensions every day for a few days and the pain goes away and I'm ready to deadlift once again. Try it out!

Reactions: fig
Found the issue….okay issues. The main one being I mucked up the Q3 collector wiring.

Now I gotta think of something I need from Fig!
I know what I need

New addition to the Peak LCR45...these are real useful. The LCR-45 already had the micro-bananas, so an easy upgrade!

lNZ9jft.jpg

drw4k3Y.jpg

Here’s the better part of the mess.

c810vhH.jpg

Germaniums are in a grid tied to a database that lists part number, source, gain, leakage, and grid coordinates.

I put these together Saturday; first a UMI Buzz Tone. I eliminated the volume expander switch because it did nothing more than replace the fuzz with mud, and a muddy tone isn’t quite the “dirt” I was after.

y119xag.png

RRQjhnx.jpg

…and a Tone Bender MKII, which I plan to enclose in the near future. I breadboarded one of these awhile back but ended up stealing some parts from it so here’s another. Forgive the funky schematic.

IofHO8O.jpg

F0w2XOg.jpg

This reminds me sick prices of the vintage transistors.. but here's the question to all of you:

what's the most expensive, single component you've purchased? How much did you pay?
Transistor, IC, diode..
Shipping excluded :)

This reminds me sick prices of the vintage transistors.. but here's the question to all of you:

what's the most expensive, single component you've purchased? How much did you pay?
Transistor, IC, diode..
So far.......an FV-1 chip

Reactions: fig

Transistor, IC, diode..
:unsure: I’ll get back to you

Back