Stuff

Well the "said person in DM" had his decision made for him. He tweaked his back picking up a 50lb bag of cow manure at Home Depot with the missus. Now with Advil and a muscle relaxer onboard, there's not much "he" can do besides sit around and play guitar.......:)
Ouch! Hope you mend soon.

If it were a 2x4 I could see it…but disheveled sh*t ?

Okay, I got as far as Q3 and decided it’s break time….so..I’m headed that way as soon as I post this. Here’s a pic..I don’t usually do the power stage until the end, and if it’s straight 9vdc, I omit the protection diode and LED and shove a 100u on the power rail for good measure (after break of course). (y)

5bLexBr.jpg

If it were a 2x4 I could see it…but disheveled sh*t ?

Okay, I got as far as Q3 and decided it’s break time….so..I’m headed that way as soon as I post this. Here’s a pic..I don’t usually do the power stage until the end, and if it’s straight 9vdc, I omit the protection diode and LED and shove a 100u on the power rail for good measure (after break of course). (y)

5bLexBr.jpg
What are those cool looking electrolytic caps you always use? Are they as gawd-awful pricey as the cool looking resistors you use? (I want to build "JUST LIKE FIG!")

(sitting on the porch)

Those are organic aluminum polymer…I think those are Panasonic, but I’ve got some Nichicon as well.

I used a tantalum for the C1 10u coupling cap, and some tropical fish / silver mica for the BODY & BRITE caps. Film caps would probably work just fine, and we’ll take a look at any differences on the scope, should I manage to get this circuit finished ( and more importantly…working).

Speaking of topical tropical fishy business — @fig, thanks again for all the contests and that TC-1 I won; I've got a bunch of tropical fish caps that I bought based on how purdy they were... now I can finally figure out if they're valuable based on their values and maybe move them from the display to some builds.

Speaking of topical tropical fishy business — @fig, thanks again for all the contests and that TC-1 I won; I've got a bunch of tropical fish caps that I bought based on how purdy they were... now I can finally figure out if they're valuable based on their values and maybe move them from the display to some builds.
You’re very welcome! Thank you for all of your insights and knowledge. Those are hard to buy, but you’re generous!
Some of the ones I bought were done. Coating caking & corroded leads…others have been great! I imagine the duds had been stored in…a dungeon?

I second the "thanks for the contests and tc-1" vibes. Maybe I should go take a break on the porch in your honor.

When I came back I noticed I had no juice hitting Q1…aha! left out the 10KΩ collector resistor. I finished out the rest, but signal died somewhere around Q3, so I’ll pinpoint that and fix whatever I misplaced or omitted.

IK6wkeW.jpg

Looks like these are the biggest changes;

K1tnjYV.jpg

I’m guessing the Ge leakage comes into play. I’ve got some AC127, but I’ll try a few different NPNs.

Back