Super Stevie Six

Barry

SRV.JPG SRV gut.JPG

So I made a couple of errors on this one, I originally was going with just SS6 (super stevie 6) then when I added the SRV I meant to change the SS6 to SR6 (Super Reverb 6), then I get the board populated bench test and got nothing, go over everything multiple times, pull out hair, give up go get dinner, come back and the lighting was just right that I see the IC is a NE5534 not NE5532, check my drawer and yep a sleeve of 5534 got in there somehow, swapped the IC and bingo Sounds Great

I started using these for the power connections based on some posts in the forum here last year (likely from Barry)---

I started using these for the power connections based on some posts in the forum here last year (likely from Barry)---

I got the link from someone else here, I think the 4 pin ones came from AliExpress

I should add that I'm not crazy about the 4 pin ones

Last edited:
That is smooth! So I’ve got to know, does it give even a little of a Stevie Ray sound? I e been eyeballing this build and it’s on my maybe list. Someone else’s option would help a whole bunch!

That is smooth! So I’ve got to know, does it give even a little of a Stevie Ray sound? I e been eyeballing this build and it’s on my maybe list. Someone else’s option would help a whole bunch!
I have to say that it does, I’m building 3 for some buddies, may have to do one for myself, my Strat really likes it

Anthony Stauffer at Texas Blues Alley does a really good demo of it

I have to say that it does, I’m building 3 for some buddies, may have to do one for myself, my Strat really likes it
COOL!!! I ordered the board. Even a tiny hint of a SRV sound would be awesome!!!Might have to steal my daughters strat for a bit!:ROFLMAO:

Back