Sushibox Space Heater

Mentaltossflycoon

Tube project #2. Again, like the black eye this was pretty quick and easy to put together as a tube novice and sounds fantastic. Very satisfying. I haven't done any ensemble play yet but alone in my basement I've been employing it in the various ways over the last few days. I enjoyed tele>cleaver>space heater>blues deluxe quite a bit. I used it as a boost after the black eye for a while and found a portal to the 5th circle of hell. It's funny how chuggy I get with this kind of set up even though I barely dabble in the hard stuff. Evidently tone doesn't come from the fingers but chugging can come from the pedal. I used this psvane (pronounced "piss vein" right?) tube that was gifted to me but I have a JJ on the way to compare.
Screenshot_20221110_162318.jpg
Screenshot_20221110_162253.jpg
Metallic dark metal spray paint, Ernst on vinyl inkjet sticker. I wanted something vibrant to see how the darker color underneath would alter it. I'm quite happy with the result. The image reminded me of an alien landscape.

I was brainstorming a graphic on that Wonder app and space heater made me think of Jon Heder so I entered the prompt napoleon dynamite astronaut and...... yikes.

wonder_1668045042904.jpg wonder_1668044173275.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back from rehearsal and the space heater sounds great. I put it in front of my aion ts50 into the fx return of my pf500 and it broke it up nicely boosting that situation. Swapped it to the amps input, turned off the ts50 and I was even happier. So to summarize before I ramble on in circles, while I like the ts50 more than the pf500 pre, I like the space heater into the pf500 more than the ts50 with or without the space heater. It's mostly because it gets along with the rest of my board a lot better, not sure why but configured this way there's less out of control moments with the fuzzier tones, less disappearing subs and octavers, more compressed perhaps? The Space Heater is in danger of becoming an always on..... gonna need a gigrig mr universe if it does.

Side note, I put my black eye on the board for a few tunes with the gain dimed and used it where I had been stepping on my widogast. While I'll be putting the widogast back, it totally worked in the context of the song. Sounds really good through my rig.

Last edited:
Back