REQUEST Synchro-Wah/Tremolo

fig

Village Idiot
No rush. After my last fiasco with Hugo, I don’t want to risk measuring myself.

I’d gladly measure it and set up the template for you, but would need the build doc template from @PedalPCB as I don’t want to eyeball it from the pcb and be a couple mm too much off…

• Love
Reactions: fig
What was your last fiasco?

I think I have a tayda drill template that I made up for the synchros last week. Didn’t order yet bc I need to finish the graphics up, but it should be good. Not home rn, but I can try to get it to you later

What was your last fiasco?

I think I have a tayda drill template that I made up for the synchros last week. Didn’t order yet bc I need to finish the graphics up, but it should be good. Not home rn, but I can try to get it to you later
It deserves public airing to capitalize on the shame factor. I’ll post something on the “Stuff” thread.

I didn't have it in the Tayda drill tool yet, but it took just a few minutes to whip up, and it should be dead on. Can't wait to see what you cook up!

Type 1- For use with plain 3mm LEDs and the knurled plastic 6mm-shaft pots

Type 2 (What my synchro builds will be using)- For use with chrome 3mm LED bezels and metal splined-shaft pots with this style of knob.

If you have any personal changes you'd like to make (5mm LEDs, sans/con bezels? Big style power jack?) feel free to hit me up and I'll get an amended drill file up for you

Last edited:
@fig pointed out that you need to pay attention when installing metal shaft 9mm pots. They have metal supports in a couple places the plastic type don't and it may or may not come into contact with some solder joints on the back of the PCB.

I believe the points are ground anyway, but just keep that in mind when assembling.

@fig pointed out that you need to pay attention when installing metal shaft 9mm pots. They have metal supports in a couple places the plastic type don't and it may or may not come into contact with some solder joints on the back of the PCB.

I believe the points are ground anyway, but just keep that in mind when assembling.
I've found some metal shaft pots that have a virtually identical footprint to the typical mooer style plastic shaft pots, and I'll link to them for anyone interested when I remember where they were from. I do think that the ones from Tayda should be perfectly adequate too with just a tiny bit of attentiveness and some easy flush-cutter work

I didn't have it in the Tayda drill tool yet, but it took just a few minutes to whip up, and it should be dead on. Can't wait to see what you cook up!

Type 2 (What my synchro builds will be using)- For use with chrome 3mm LED bezels and metal splined-shaft pots with this style of knob.

If you have any personal changes you'd like to make (5mm LEDs, sans/con bezels? Big style power jack?) feel free to hit me up and I'll get an amended drill file up for you
Thanks, just saw that you were quick on this!
I think those knobs would also work well with the split-shaft metal pots (though I'm partial to the ones you listed.

Thanks, just saw that you were quick on this!
I think those knobs would also work well with the split-shaft metal pots (though I'm partial to the ones you listed.
I’ve seen those pots, but haven’t tried them yet so I was hesitant to mention them just in case they suck lol. I do think it would be fun to have some rainbow knobs though, so I’ll pick ‘em up next time I order to see if they’re decent.

I’ve seen those pots, but haven’t tried them yet so I was hesitant to mention them just in case they suck lol. I do think it would be fun to have some rainbow knobs though, so I’ll pick ‘em up next time I order to see if they’re decent.
Same, was also curious about them but didn't have builds that required such small knobs. Might also pick some up for diy euro stuff.

These are the ones I used.

EHxshyW.png

Those are the same ones I like to use, fig.

I just cut off the side and back tabs, and then file off any sharp edges. The last tab behind the pot-legs I just bend over flat, because it's difficult to get snippers in there without mangling the legs — but I may try the wiggling back and forth method of removal.

No rush. After my last fiasco with Hugo, I don’t want to risk measuring myself.

It's too difficult to measure oneself anyway. Just get your wife or doctor to do it for you. How tall are you, anyway?

Damn! Those knobs... Please tell me more about the metal-splined-shaft pots... The only place I found the 9mm metal-splined was in a small electronics shop in HK, and they had very limited selection of resistance-values. Now I see they're at Thonk and Banzai — any to be found on the opposite hemisphere of the planet?

• Haha

Here's your Type 1 for 6.35mm shaft pots (ie, https://www.taydaelectronics.com/ta...otentiometer-round-shaft-pcb-9mm-6-35-mm.html) which is what I'm using.

edit: just ordered a drilled and printed enclosure. thanks so much @Bricksnbeatles for the tayda template :)

Last edited:
Back