Synopsis Overdrive

Has anyone else built this pedal mine sounds horrible when the top switch is down and the bottom switch is up. It sounds like my speakers in my cab are buried in a box with a ton of blankets like a muffled sound. Other than that the pedal sounds good.

I don't think I have heard a dumble pedal in Jazz mode that sounds Great if that is the mode your referring to!?

Has anyone else built this pedal mine sounds horrible when the top switch is down and the bottom switch is up. It sounds like my speakers in my cab are buried in a box with a ton of blankets like a muffled sound. Other than that the pedal sounds good.
I’ve built it as well but I don’t have the issue you mentioned. Check if the components (caps/resistors) are all correct. Since you populated the PCB you probably can’t see the values anymore and there’s no schematic/doc yet.

The bottom clipping switch in the down positions should create a more open and brighter sound and in the up positions a fatter/warmer sound. The top switch goes from Rock to jazz (Bottom position). I experienced the jazz side as decreasing some high end.

Back