SOLVED tayda UV printing issues lately

Fontelroy

This isn't really circuit related, but has anybody had issues with Tayda's print quality lately? I just got some enclosures where the white layer printed as gray. From double checking the uv template it still seems to be using the specifc RDG_WHITE swatch they require so I'm left to assume it's an issue on their end. This would be a first for me so I'm just curious if anyone's gotten a faded as heck uv print from them before. The pic below shows two enclosures I received today and in between is an order I screwed up the drill template on about 2 weeks ago. But man does this make me even more mad at myself for getting the led placement wrong on my last order before this one :cautious:
IMG_7208.jpg

This isn't really circuit related, but has anybody had issues with Tayda's print quality lately? I just got some enclosures where the white layer printed as gray. From double checking the uv template it still seems to be using the specifc RDG_WHITE swatch they require so I'm left to assume it's an issue on their end. This would be a first for me so I'm just curious if anyone's gotten a faded as heck uv print from them before. The pic below shows two enclosures I received today and in between is an order I screwed up the drill template on about 2 weeks ago. But man does this make me even more mad at myself for getting the led placement wrong on my last order before this one :cautious:
View attachment 72118
Did you double printed the white layer (option) ?

That looks like it could be it, maybe if only one ‘print white twice’ product was purchased the rest just got one coat. And on a black enclosure, that is definitely what one layer of white looks like...
Having to pay for a 'print white twice' option is a first for me as I've gotten black enclosures printed before and never had this issue as you can see in the example pic

Having to pay for a 'print white twice' option is a first for me as I've gotten black enclosures printed before and never had this issue as you can see in the example pic
Yeah, it’s been hit or miss for me too. I think the ‘print white twice’ was more understandable when the service was starting out and things were being established, but at this point it’s basically putting a failure of their service onto the consumer.

If you look at those, the candy red had double white, not the other two. You can clearly see that the enclosure colors shows under the single white even with clear colors. I was expecting this.

That’s what I’m thinking, but I’ve been making a buncha pedals for a thing this upcoming weekend so it’s a stressful time to run into this issue for some enclosures that are already a mulligan on ones I screwed up the drill template on. That said it has gotten me to take a look at the other enclosures I’ve gotten recently and now I’m seeing some noticeable print quality differences in them. Not white level related, but one is a fair bit grainier than the other. Does anyone know of any other uv print service that can accommodate smaller orders like Tayda? From looking into other options somewhat recently it seems like they’re the only option when it comes to such small scale

If you look at those, the candy red had double white, not the other two. You can clearly see that the enclosure colors shows under the single white even with clear colors. I was expecting this.
The thing that’s so worrisome for me is that these enclosures were printed a week and half apart and look so different with the same print settings. The middle enclosure is from 2 ish weeks ago and was printed with the same settings as the outer enclosures I got yesterday. I made a few minor changes to the uv template, but nothing color related. The middle enclosure didn’t have double white and yet looks great. The two I got yesterday look so noticeably different, I don’t get what would cause such a variance as the original, along with plenty of other prints I’ve done on black enclosures without paying for double white, have looked fine. IMG_7212.jpeg

Honestly, I'm not sure... it almost looks like the one with the bad led placement had the double treatment ... maybe the first pass could have been bad so someone decided to redo it a second time ? Who knows what goes on at tayda.

Well I should say tayda support got back to me and they said it was a mistake on their end, I wonder if I wasn't the only one with this sort of issue of late. I least I'm aware of the double white option now, but the amount of difference in 2 prints a week in a half apart had me scared of doing more prints with tayda if that would have been considered within their normal print tolerances

Honestly, I'm not sure... it almost looks like the one with the bad led placement had the double treatment ... maybe the first pass could have been bad so someone decided to redo it a second time ? Who knows what goes on at tayda.
This ain't my first rodeo with tayda printing on a black enclosure, but it's the first time they've refunded me for something and said it was a mistake on their end

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-02 140316.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-02 140316.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 26
I know we expect things to be as perfect as possible but to be able to get a fully customized powder coated and UV printed enclosure for 15 dollars each (125B) is pretty outstanding. Hugo and tayda have always made things right for me anytime I've had an issue. I just try to keep in mind the volume they are doing and the people working there are just people getting paid by the hour and every once in a while mistakes will happen

They definitely seem slammed at the moment, I suspect more folks than just myself dove into this hobby headfirst during lockdown and right about now have gotten to the point of doing larger enclosure orders. Anywho here’s a few of the black enclosures Here’s some black enclosures going back a ways that haven’t had issues and weren’t double white-d IMG_7454.jpeg
One of them is definitely not like the others

Back