Tayda UV Printing

thewintersoldier

I have affinity designer and made the whole document in AD. I did my first design and submitted the document. I got an email today saying that there are no colors or layers. They said that some people have had success using affinity. Has anyone successfully done it all in AD and if you have perhaps you can help me figure out what I have done wrong.

cooder

I have affinity designer and made the whole document in AD. I did my first design and submitted the document. I got an email today saying that there are no colors or layers. They said that some people have had success using affinity. Has anyone successfully done it all in AD and if you have perhaps you can help me figure out what I have done wrong.
Did you have layers (white/color/gloss) in the exported pdf files when you view the pdf with adobe acrobat reader?
I have used Inkscape, created layers there, and then opened design in Affinity (layers present there) to set to CMYK and do the Roland swatches, then sved and exported to pdf. Opening pdf in Acrobat reader shows layers.
That worked for me if that's any help, I got the first designs back from Tayda and they look great.
If I can help any more let me know, not sure what went astray there for you, just my two cents.

thewintersoldier

Did you have layers (white/color/gloss) in the exported pdf files when you view the pdf with adobe acrobat reader?
I have used Inkscape, created layers there, and then opened design in Affinity (layers present there) to set to CMYK and do the Roland swatches, then sved and exported to pdf. Opening pdf in Acrobat reader shows layers.
That worked for me if that's any help, I got the first designs back from Tayda and they look great.
If I can help any more let me know, not sure what went astray there for you, just my two cents.
So my understanding is I have to create it in inkscape not in Affinity. Just use affinity to make the pdf with roland swatches?

thewintersoldier

You can do everything in Affinity. I believe @Danbieranowski does his art in Affinity. I do not know how to use it and understand inkscape a little better so I create an SVG then do the final touchups in Affinity.
I have no idea, I checked the pdf in adobe acrobat reader and it shows 3 different layers with the names of the layers. If @Danbieranowski can help me figure out what I don't have right that would be awesome.

SYLV9ST9R

Hello everyone,

I used the information I found on this thread to make my order and I'm happy with the results!
I do think that I can improve the coloring thought.
Those look great. Good design choices, I like what you did with the Dark Ash. Saw the Flatline on Reddit yesterday, turned out nicely.
I ordered a lawn green, didn’t think it was this bright, but it will still work with my design (I hope!).

cooder

Here's my first efforts, thanks so much for the help here on the forum and in this thread, special shout out to dmnCrawler who heped me find my bearings with direct messages, much appreciated. I'm happy with the results.

wDSu0oR.jpg

wTHLw9P.jpg

vreMWRu.jpg

You can do everything in Affinity. I believe @Danbieranowski does his art in Affinity. I do not know how to use it and understand inkscape a little better so I create an SVG then do the final touchups in Affinity.
Chiming in, the only thing I can't do in affinity is convert a bitmap image into SVG via automatic tracing. I still have to use Inkscape for that. Once I have that made, I use Affinity Designer for everything else.

dmnCrawler

Chiming in, the only thing I can't do in affinity is convert a bitmap image into SVG via automatic tracing. I still have to use Inkscape for that. Once I have that made, I use Affinity Designer for everything else.
I really need to learn how to use Affinity. I currently doing everything in Inkscape and use Affinity for spot colors and pdf conversion.

I am also still working with Hugo on some issues I am still having with affinity and spot color and size. If you check your document size when it is an Affinity file is will be correct, but the conversion to PDF seems to make is slightly larger. I am trying to track that down.

PedalPCB

Administrator
Staff member
If you check your document size when it is an Affinity file is will be correct, but the conversion to PDF seems to make is slightly larger. I am trying to track that down.
I've had that happen randomly once or twice and really can't explain why it happened... all of the newer drill templates are drawn entirely in Affinity Designer and 99% of the time they export without issue.

Sm4sh

If you check your document size when it is an Affinity file is will be correct, but the conversion to PDF seems to make is slightly larger. I am trying to track that down.
I thought I had screwed something on my first export! This happened to me with all my files on my first export and I had to correct them on Affinity. Worked on my second try.

4558chan

Had very different results this time around. Sent them a second revision of my design and this is what I recieved.

1. Blacks are VERY rich eventhough I didn't change the colors or gloss, this is a big difference from the one on the left (first revision).
  2. Whites are pinker
  3. I got horizontal arfitacts all over the enclosure, and a weird bubble on the top left corner
Anyone had a similar experience? Is this a fluke or a miskate on my side?

Attachments

• yhnnbmOB.jpg large.jpg
    yhnnbmOB.jpg large.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 22
  • zDaHKbC3.jpg large.jpg
    zDaHKbC3.jpg large.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 22
  • E_9tRXTn.jpg large.jpg
    E_9tRXTn.jpg large.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 22

SYLV9ST9R

Received one yesterday and weirdly, the emboss layer is shifted a mm or so to the right of the rest of the design. It’s mildly annoying, but it’s the first big mishaps out of 15+ I’ve had printed.
’ve checked the file I sent to be sure and it was perfectly lined up.

I’ll bring it up with them (just to let them know, not to complain), but it’s to be expected with low cost + what I guess is a big boom on that service in the last year. It gives it a bit of a 3D effect, and it’s a one-off so that’s that, but if I had did a bigger run, I’d be pissed. And I say again I had great results for all the others I had printed by them.

FFF6557B-59AD-4C6D-94BB-63E65C5F12AD.jpeg0CBEF1E2-2FB1-4B1B-BB42-5D69C410A739.jpeg