TC Electronics SCF

Oooo.... Is it analog or digital?

I passed along a circuit to Mr PedalPCB for an analog through zero flanger which is basically a TZF A/DA flanger with 2 BBDs. I'm really hoping he decides to make a PCB out of it.

Oooo.... Is it analog or digital?

I passed along a circuit to Mr PedalPCB for an analog through zero flanger which is basically a TZF A/DA flanger with 2 BBDs. I'm really hoping he decides to make a PCB out of it.
I think it's digital but it sounds so clean with a lot of presence.

Always wanted one of these.

So hard to find an original-original example; from what I've read there are minor differences between the original and the later reissues. Now original prices have skyrocketed so even if I found an original one I wouldn't be able to afford it. I'm sure the newer ones would sound good to my ears, too. I fell in love with these when they first came out, so I guess that's why I want OG instead of reissue; I probably couldn't audibly tell the difference between the two.

a9npdlhdi5gftm052bx9.jpg

Note the "of Denmark" and the different "Input Gain" location.

Just found out there was a special edition!

tc1-jpg.1112935

Came out in 2001, though, so is it the same circuitry as the original-original, or a modern with a lip-stick makeover...

Always wanted one of these.

So hard to find an original-original example; from what I've read there are minor differences between the original and the later reissues. Now original prices have skyrocketed so even if I found an original one I wouldn't be able to afford it. I'm sure the newer ones would sound good to my ears, too. I fell in love with these when they first came out, so I guess that's why I want OG instead of reissue; I probably couldn't audibly tell the difference between the two.

a9npdlhdi5gftm052bx9.jpg

Note the "of Denmark" and the different "Input Gain" location.

Just found out there was a special edition!

tc1-jpg.1112935

Came out in 2001, though, so is it the same circuitry as the original-original, or a modern with a lip-stick makeover...
I tried the newer ones when they were still in production and sounded amazing to me at the time. I ran a strat into it and out to a Fender Deluxe Reverb. There's something special about this pedal that no other Chorus/Pitch Shift pedal can come close to.

I tried the newer ones when they were still in production and sounded amazing to me at the time. I ran a strat into it and out to a Fender Deluxe Reverb. There's something special about this pedal that no other Chorus/Pitch Shift pedal can come close to.

Was it a purple one like you posted? I think they changed it after the purple ones. Been a long time since I read up on these, and the info was scarce back then, nearly impossible to find now — so I soak up whatever info I can.

I'd be okay with a 1590XX, but yeah, stacked boards in a BB2 or BBS would be preferred.

Was it a purple one like you posted? I think they changed it after the purple ones. Been a long time since I read up on these, and the info was scarce back then, nearly impossible to find now — so I soak up whatever info I can.

I'd be okay with a 1590XX, but yeah, stacked boards in a BB2 or BBS would be preferred.
Actually, it was the straight black one without the purple stripe. I believe the black one replaced the purple and then they discontinued it. This was like 4 to 5 years ago though.

Back