The Clap pops

Barry

Just finishing up "The Clap" build and it sounds good, but pops when engaging and disengaging

It's noticeable, I've pretty much ruled out the LED as it's popping on and off, and from what I've read LED popping is usually on the on
It could be Capacitor discharge that's why I mentioned R15 .
Only other thing it might be is a Dry joint.
Have you tried the '' Tap the Pedal firmly Up & Down on the Floor '' trick to see if it causes a Pop while it's On!

It could be Capacitor discharge that's why I mentioned R15 .
Only other thing it might be is a Dry joint.
Have you tried the '' Tap the Pedal firmly Up & Down on the Floor '' trick to see if it causes a Pop while it's On!
No haven't heard of that one, I did tap on the components to see if I could find a bad joint

I don't Socket! When I have, I solder the Center pin. Have you tinned all the Transistor Legs so they have some thickness and make better contact.
Could be your Issue!
You could try loading each transistor one at a time with your Finger to see if the Issue stops!
I've started tacking one leg myself, but I'm leaning towards soldering them in, I had an issue with the Aldrin was a loose transistor

I use the Machine socket type as well, for op amps and transistors, but I think these last few issues with transistors and sockets unless there's a good reason to experiment I'm soldering

Back