the dane fordable couple quick questions

hi everyone! I had a couple quick questions about the dane circuit.. first thing is if changing the 1M pot to a 500 K pot would basically just give you half the original circuits range for lows or what this should do specifically? i did this myself already and it does still give me tons of usable lows already but i havent checked out too many sound checks for this pedal to 1vs1 my build just yet.. mine still sounds great so i may leave it unless i see a demo that convinces me to change it for now.. and the other question is just to confirm that an on off on switch is just switching between the diodes or none at all? it’s so subtle i almost don’t notice, but i have read others saying similar things with those but i like to make sure i understand the 3 way is still doing what i think it is haha thanks all!

Attachments

• 3840FC61-828A-4515-9ABC-A5B91AF72A8B.jpeg
    3840FC61-828A-4515-9ABC-A5B91AF72A8B.jpeg
    401.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 7BB3817D-B826-4227-AA86-EA1D53E6B6A0.jpeg
    7BB3817D-B826-4227-AA86-EA1D53E6B6A0.jpeg
    464.2 KB · Views: 17
My #1 rule of electronics ignorance is that "If it sounds good it is good". If it does what you want, stick with it. Who cares what others may say snidely behind your back? They can't see inside your pedal.

Except Superman. Apparently he can. But when did he ever come to my gigs?

My #1 rule of electronics ignorance is that "If it sounds good it is good". If it does what you want, stick with it. Who cares what others may say snidely behind your back? They can't see inside your pedal.

Except Superman. Apparently he can. But when did he ever come to my gigs?
who’s saying shit snidely behind my back!? haha it’s more just for my own understanding of circuits so i can apply it later when i need to :p but i think it’s definitely doing what i think it is, after checking the schematic over it def makes sense, and it sounds great to my ears so i’m a happy camper! also, here’s a little demo video through my brand new amp, a 7 watt ods dumble clone! link

who’s saying shit snidely behind my back!? haha it’s more just for my own understanding of circuits so i can apply it later when i need to :p but i think it’s definitely doing what i think it is, after checking the schematic over it def makes sense, and it sounds great to my ears so i’m a happy camper! also, here’s a little demo video through my brand new amp, a 7 watt ods dumble clone! link
I LOVE that amp AND the Novo! Sweet set up.

I LOVE that amp AND the Novo! Sweet set up.
haha thank you! i def recommend the ampguy from toronto to anybody looking for an amazing customized dumble clone in canada! he’s an awesome dude, he made those vertex ods specials they put out and discontinued a little while ago! high praise from this guy!

Back