The Mojito Deluxe

Tomsline is Chinese budget-grade stuff. I'm not dissing your gear, I'm using a Caline CP-5, which is also Chinese budget-grade eqpmt. It works ok for most pedals, but it is not stable for all loads and the grounds are not isolated.

The Mojito is a pretty benign load. The CA3130's power supply current varies with signal level, but the max current is under 20mA, not counting LED current.

Last edited:
I would probably be the first one to diss my power supply, except that it has worked pretty well for me for a couple of years. My guess it that the stress on the power supply is coming from other pedals, but the Mojito is the one picking up the noise from it. It is basically the canary in the coal mine, which sounds like a good idea for another pedal name.

I was trying to see if I could pick up a Celestial Engineering PCB (great name for a pedal, btw, LOVE Mojitos):

Have you got a Mojito recipe, CDB? I haven't made your Margarita yet, but I made sure to copy down the recipe — will make it as a celebratory drink in due time...

• Haha
Reactions: fig
Best Mojito I ever had was in a restaurant in Montreal. After dinner, I went over and complimented the bartender and asked him which rum he used. He showed me the bottle and told me that it's not about the ingredients, it's about the bartender. Indeed.

Here's how I make Mojitos. The tricky part is making sure they are not too sweet and not too limey.

Equipment:
22oz (650ml) stainless steel shaker
Tall glass that will fit into the top of the shaker
muddle stick - I made mine from a 3/4" oak dowel. Cut it about 10" long, sand it smooth and oil it lightly with veg oil.

Bill of Materials for one serving:
8 to 10 fresh mint leaves - I prefer spearmint, but other varieties work too.
3 shots aged Caribbean rum - you don't have to spend a fortune, but use something decent.
1 TBSP agave nectar or simple syrup
1/2 lime, cut in 4 pieces
6-8oz club soda
ice

Procedure:
Place mint leaves in the bottom of the shaker. Grab your muddle stick and bruise 'em up real good.
Add rum, agave nectar and stir.
Squeeze lime pieces slightly, just enough to release a little juice into the shaker and then toss 'em in.
Fill glass 1/2 full with ice cubes.
Invert glass into the shaker. The glass basically becomes the cover for the shaker. If you don't have a glass the right size, then just put the top on the shaker.
Shake vigorously, keeping the glass wedged into the shaker so none of the goodies get out.
Set the shaker down, remove the glass.
Add club soda slowly to the shaker until it's 3/4 full.
Slowly pour the shaker into the glass.
Enjoy!

I'm not affiliated with those guys in Moscow.

Last edited:
Спасибо!

В России вы не присоединенный с московскими парнями,
ребята из Москвы мохито вам.

Простой Русский мохито
Ingredients
1½ Parts Русский Vodka
⅔ Part Syrup
6 Whole Mint Leaves
4 Lime Quarters
Soda Water

Directions
MANGLE the mint, lime and syrup in a highball glass. Add vodka. Top up with soda water. Stir crazy. Add mint garnish.
высоси это насухо!

Делюкс Русский мохито
Ingredients
1 oz Citrus Vodka
1 Lime — wedged
12 Honkin' Huge Mint Leaves
2 tsp Brown-Sugar, makes it taste so good
Champagne (Veuve Clicquot, or Baby Duck — your choice) & caviar

Directions
Mangulate that lime, mint and brown-sugar in the bottom of a highball glass (as opposed to the top).
Fill with ice-cubes, then add citrus vodka and top off with champagne. Skip the caviar.
Stir it up, lil darlin', and garnish with lime and mint.
Старайтесь не жадно глотать...

...I use several trained hamsters with a regulator comrade ....

Now about that power supply...

Back