The New Bolide Distortion

dtguitar

Hi, I would like to know more detail of which type of clipping led that I need to built the best of distortion sound of the new Bolide Distortion. In the part list, they only said 3mm Red and Blue Led. I know about forward voltage but what about Operating Supply Voltage and Luminous Intensity.
Thanks.

Socket those puppies!. leds are cheap, get a few different kinds And roll them till you find the ones that sound best to you.... then report back😜

Well, without looking at the Bolide info itself, I'll venture out on a limb and take a guess ... the LEDs are being used in the signal path to clip the signal not to be lit up for indication of something such as on/off status, so Operating Supply Voltage doesn't really matter nor does Luminous Intensity — whatever effect those two things have on the clipping (if any) I guess isn't going to be as great as how much Forward Voltage is carried. TBOMK, diodes clipping is all about the forward voltage.

I found some really nice soft-blue LEDs in a local shop here, much nicer than the stuff you get at the big online suppliers which are all too bright with too much forward voltage...

Back