This is my Madbean Gauntlet: All the Super Genius and Zeus builds.

dmnCrawler

I finally completed the last of the difficult madbean builds. Learned a ton in the process and over all took several months start to finish. Probably should not have tried all at once. I think I have them all on my blog: https://www.pachydermpedals.com/pedals/

Aquaboy Deluxe - Boss DM-2 [Super Genius]
Aquaboy.jpg aquaboy_guts.jpg

Man O War Deluxe - Maxon AD-900 [Super Genius]
ManOWar.jpg ManOWar_guts.jpg

Total Recall - EHX Memory Man[Zeus]
This one was really different. 24V center positive. Lots of new things.
totalrecall.jpg totalrecall_guts.jpg

Last edited:
You have been busy, dude! You're a mad man!

I love all of the artwork but the jumping spider is my favorite. MB just got the Edgelord in last week, I think, if you haven't got that hiding somewhere in your massive pile of completed pedals already.

I just bought all of the MB bass series PCBs and I'm looking forward to getting to them.

I love all of the artwork but the jumping spider is my favorite. MB just got the Edgelord in last week, I think, if you haven't got that hiding somewhere in your massive pile of completed pedals already.

I just bought all of the MB bass series PCBs and I'm looking forward to getting to them.
Thanks. When I saw the 4 LEDs that (the spider) is what came to mind. Most still need epoxy, but they are working.

These are upcoming.... I have edgelord and stagefright on the way:
New_madbean.jpg

You will love the Junk Trunk and Gas Tank. It is worth it to add the 1/8 inch jack as well. Probably my favorite Mad Bean pedals I’ve ever built.

You will love the Junk Trunk and Gas Tank. It is worth it to add the 1/8 inch jack as well. Probably my favorite Mad Bean pedals I’ve ever built.

I'm pretty stoked and will definitely be adding the mini jacks. It's good to hear that you like it!

All awesome!

I've been a hotrod nut since as early as I can remember — when other kids' grandmothers were buying them comic-books, I got my Granny to get me all the hotrod mags (which I still have).

I'm also a big fan of the RustBucket, so...
Guess which is my favourite?! 😹

PS: Better pick of the Model A Tudor RustBucket, SilVerPlatter. Look forward to the etch.
PPS: Total Recall is a Deluxe Memory Man, IIRC, and Current Lover is Electric Mistress.

Last edited:
Looking forward to building these. Have the 1/8" jacks ready to go.

All awesome!

I've been a hotrod nut since as early as I can remember — when other kids' grandmothers were buying them comic-books, I got my Granny to get me all the hotrod mags (which I still have).

I'm also a big fan of the RustBucket, so...
Guess which is my favourite?! 😹

PS: Better pick of the Model A Tudor RustBucket, SilVerPlatter. Look forward to the etch.
PPS: Total Recall is a Deluxe Memory Man, IIRC, and Current Lover is Electric Mistress.
That's what I get for the copy paste of the pedals names. Corrected above.

The Rust bucket is a really interesting pedal. I look forward to playing with it more.

I keep missing out on the Rust Bucket.

The most recent drop was promised for February, so I watched like a hawk all of February... about the 3rd weekend or just thereafter, I missed a couple of days of vigilance (I'd not slept 'til then) and sure enough that's when it dropped, it was must've sold out within a couple of days if not hours.

MB announced another run for July... I will not sleep.

One thing I don't get — it's got 2 CA3080 chips, so why not lay it out for a 13700!?!

I got my Bass Series in the mail just last week, will probably build the Junk Trunk and Gas Tank in one enclosure, but with separate jacks (switching jacks to connect them internally) to keep my signal routing options wide open.

Thanks for the paint-pen tutorial. I've got a few paint pens, but I'm not as accomplished an artist as you so I more just scribble with them than produce art — but your tutorial is very inspiring, and I do need to up my enclosure game (well, all my so-called game).

I love hummingbirds, only bird that can hover — maybe that's where Leo got the idea for a helicopter.

Back