Those of you who use Dale resistors…

Bricksnbeatles

Member known well
How? They’re super spiffy looking, but jeez are they expensive! Do you really have a $50 budget for just resistors in each pedal, or do you have a secret source where you get them for less than $0.50-$1.00 a piece?

Is it just time for me to break out the terra-cotta colored spray paint, the magnifying glasses, and the 005 micron pen?

The only time I’ve used them is when I need to fit a 1/2W resistor in a 1/4W footprint. Other than that, resistance is resistance—I don’t see the need to pay a premium there.

Back to those resistors. How people can’t hear the difference in their resistors blows me away. Me and Eric Johnson can listen to someone play and tell the brand of their battery or power supply. It’s really not that hard. Just gotta listen with the inner part of your ear just past the ear drum sometimes it even tingles like Spider-Man’s. Don’t make me prove you all wrong. By the way your flux ,solder ,and iron all affect your tone too and the way you hold your iron. Huge impact on tone.

Back