SOLVED Ticking on dark rift delay using Rate knob

Hello ,

I switched to the 1nf cap in c1, but i still have clicking on when using the rate knob. Any idea what could be causing this. All other functionality normal .

I built one about two or three weeks ago. Dead silent. No ticking, no hiss, love it. I used an old lm324, an old pt2399 (my friend bought a bunch several years ago), and 100pf cap (mlcc c0g). My friend through in the towel with making pedals (he prefers stealing them from me). He gave me all kinds of parts (my wife isn't one bit happy). I have some more PT2399s and LM324s. I guess I could send a good set of all three to someone with ticking problems and they could trouble shoot. I socketed the cap, so it'd be easy for me to find another good set.

I don't think making C1 larger is the way to cure LFO ticking. First thing I recommend is removing enough paint on the inside around each hole so that the stomp switch, pots and jacks all make electrical contact with the chassis. I use a wire wheel in a drill press. Second thing I recommend is making C30 smaller. a LOT smaller. Try 47pf to 100pF. 47nF is way too big and over-stresses the LM324.
I built one about two or three weeks ago. Dead silent. No ticking, no hiss, love it. I used an old lm324, an old pt2399 (my friend bought a bunch several years ago), and 100pf cap (mlcc c0g). My friend through in the towel with making pedals (he prefers stealing them from me). He gave me all kinds of parts (my wife isn't one bit happy). I have some more PT2399s and LM324s. I guess I could send a good set of all three to someone with ticking problems and they could trouble shoot. I socketed the cap, so it'd be easy for me to find another good set.
i got all my ic’s socketed... I’ll send em back after I run the test...

Built one up a couple days ago according to build doc, absolutely no issues. PT2399 and LM324 both from Tayda. I did use MLCC for all film caps, but I wouldn't think that'd have any bearing here

Back