SOLVED Tommy Bypass Issues

So I am having a really frustrating issue for which I am sure there is an obvious answer I am simply too dense to see. When the pedal is engaged the thing sounds fantastic, but when it's switched into bypass mode it hardly allows any (but does allow some) sound through. I thought my switch was bad so I replaced it, but here I am again with the same problem. What am I missing?

Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_7136.jpeg
    IMG_7136.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7134.jpeg
    IMG_7134.jpeg
    514.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7133.jpeg
    IMG_7133.jpeg
    552.7 KB · Views: 32
Hard to tell from the pix, but is the out jack contacting the VOLUME pot?
Thanks for having a look, Chuck. I had a look and the output jack is not touching the volume pot.
Perfect. Got an audio probe?
I do not have an audio probe, but it looks like it should be easy enough to make one up. Since the pedal seems to work fine when engaged this should make the probing pretty limited I would assume. Still trying to figure out in my head what could be the problem if it isn't the switch?

Thanks for having a look, Chuck. I had a look and the output jack is not touching the volume pot.

I do not have an audio probe, but it looks like it should be easy enough to make one up. Since the pedal seems to work fine when engaged this should make the probing pretty limited I would assume. Still trying to figure out in my head what could be the problem if it isn't the switch?
Yeah, no kidding, I mean it comes in, goes across the switch and goes out.

Yah, the lug corresponds to the contact on the opposite side. I think it's correct. Hard to see the ground nib because it's at the bottom.
I just double-checked and yes, it is indeed hooked up correctly.
Perfect. Got an audio probe?
So, I just built an audio probe and tested out the lugs on the switch and the output jack. When the guitar is plugged in it is still very quiet in bypass mode.

Did you start at the input jack and trace it?
Thanks for your help. No, I didn't test the input jack although I did test the input at the switch. I will test the input jack and see what it sounds like. I am confused as to what is wrong. It seems like it should be the switch, but I am getting a signal with the probe (though I am not sure how strong the signal is). I tested the guitar with other pedals so I know the cables and guitar are good. I have never used an audio probe, but I will blame my failures to figure this out on lack of sleep.

Thanks for your help. No, I didn't test the input jack although I did test the input at the switch. I will test the input jack and see what it sounds like. I am confused as to what is wrong. It seems like it should be the switch, but I am getting a signal with the probe (though I am not sure how strong the signal is). I tested the guitar with other pedals so I know the cables and guitar are good. I have never used an audio probe, but I will blame my failures to figure this out on lack of sleep.
Yep the input works, the objective is to trace the signal from a good point to see where it stops.

Back