SOLVED Really, really dumb bypass question.

Pauleo1214

I put together a few pcbs to make a really raucous fuzz. It all went south after putting it into the enclosure.

I know something is shorting out but my question has to do with the bypass; I am having the opposite problem that newbies have! Bypass works until I plug it into the 9V plug. The effect works when engaged but no bypass. Take out the 9V and bypass works just fine. I checked all my wiring at the switches and they're fine. Has anybody ever had this happen to them? I been having a run of bad luck that is making me want to quit for a while to say the least.

I put together a few pcbs to make a really raucous fuzz. It all went south after putting it into the enclosure.

I know something is shorting out but my question has to do with the bypass; I am having the opposite problem that newbies have! Bypass works until I plug it into the 9V plug. The effect works when engaged but no bypass. Take out the 9V and bypass works just fine. I checked all my wiring at the switches and they're fine. Has anybody ever had this happen to them? I been having a run of bad luck that is making me want to quit for a while to say the least.
Sounds like a problem with your footswitch wiring.

Sounds like a problem with your footswitch wiring.

Oh, maybe has to do with your 9V DC jack, maybe you have the two positive terminals backwards. Maybe try switching them. Perhaps the 9V switch in the power jack is backwards.

EDIT-- Just to be clear, I am not suggesting switching the negative an positive terminals. I am just saying that on a switched jack there are two positive terminals and perhaps you have those backwards.

Definitely something not right on the switch. If you are SURE the wiring is right, have you checked the switch to make sure it’s working properly?

Couldn’t you just check that with a dmm?
I did. Continuity was there but the signal would shunt when I plugged in a 9V.
Definitely something not right on the switch. If you are SURE the wiring is right, have you checked the switch to make sure it’s working properly?
I found out it was a faulty lug from me heating it too long. Got the whole shebang working again but it will definitely need replaced.

Back