transistor tester?

One of those Chinese transistor testers is falsely reporting genuine MMBFJ201s as BJT.

The DCA75 reads them accurately.

Thanks - yeah, I'm thinking my J201s are legit. Sourced from Mouser long ago, other reputable sources.
The other 2N5484 - *those* I had trouble measuring decent specs on a breadboad. Those could be fakes.

Im sure those were fakes , swept off the floor, mixed ..seconds..who knows ! From eBay..
There still taped to that paper ...not using those lol

I think I did see PedalPCB selling those pre soldered J201s....just buy those if your not into soldering those little SMDs...but I think that way is the way to go personally myself...and maybe in the future for all the hard to find ones

Mike
i havent seen the presoldered j201s back in stock in a while.... Bugg was that mostly a test run, or were you planning to offer more?

i havent seen the presoldered j201s back in stock in a while.... Bugg was that mostly a test run, or were you planning to offer more?

Mr PedalPCB is pretty quick on restocking things , join the wait list for a email when they are back in stock

Mike

I use this one and it has not lied to me yet. Measures hFE accurately, leakage, Vbe. It doesn't give Vp or Idss for JFETs, but it does find an operating point in the linear region. It's good for a quick check and if I need more detailed info, I use a curve tracer. When I compare the test data from the Chinese tester and the curve tracer, they agree. Also measures inductance, capacitance & resistance.

I use this one and it has not lied to me yet. Measures hFE accurately, leakage, Vbe. It doesn't give Vp or Idss for JFETs, but it does find an operating point in the linear region. It's good for a quick check and if I need more detailed info, I use a curve tracer. When I compare the test data from the Chinese tester and the curve tracer, they agree. Also measures inductance, capacitance & resistance.
Hiya! Sorry, but which tester are you referring to? Do you have a link perhaps? Thanks so much!

Back