Triangulum problem

dlazzarini

I’ve just recently built the Triangulum build. It’s a working build but something sounds off. When I turn the level up to a decent level or about half way up I get a really bassy heavily saturated sound that starts to cut out and break apart when heavy power chords are hit. Like it’s being overwhelmed. Ive got 9volts on pins 1/8 which are connected at VCC from what I can tell I’ve only got 5.6 volts 8DBB9F28-599C-4993-A220-943F1C6A6A8D.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound critical, but there's quite a bit of copper showing where the pcb has been scratched, it may be an idea to check for track damage or bridges where you can. I recommend using a pcb holder for soldering (the rotating double clamp ones rather than the crocodile clip version). Good luck, the Triangulum is great.
Yes I have since acquired a good PCB holder. This was one of my first goes at it. I have the Triangulum working fine now and it is a great pedal. I’m on about my 7th pedal now and I’ve greatly improved thanks to the folks on this forum and my persistent thirst for knowledge.

I don't mean to sound critical, but there's quite a bit of copper showing where the pcb has been scratched, it may be an idea to check for track damage or bridges where you can. I recommend using a pcb holder for soldering (the rotating double clamp ones rather than the crocodile clip version). Good luck, the Triangulum is great.
this is the VHS I just finished. I’m learning

Attachments

• A5531955-1569-4F1B-BBCE-55F085275333.jpeg
    A5531955-1569-4F1B-BBCE-55F085275333.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 17
Thank you. I’m now working on the whole water slide decal thingy. I’m finding that the color of the enclosure has a bigger impact on the final product than I anticipated. Gotta figure this out.

I had it working for like 45 sec then stoped , i did replace Q1 and Q2 and put the pot the right way. I spent hours trouble shooting so ..in the live and learn box of mistakes and buy another board and start over !

Mike

If you set it aside, don't be surprised if you pick it up after a few more builds and see something to fix that will do the trick.

Thank you for the words of encouragement ! I looked this morning found another cold solder joint on a ground wire also Tadya sent me a solid wire that i used while bending it broke..fixed... but i thought that might work since the A5k pot is detached and used on the pot and wires going to breakout board might keep it suspended vs a more flexible wire to give you a insight to my thinking....but could have used foam to separate and keep from touching..

But my $25 iron got to hot and when touching like 3 seconds using a solder sucker the whole metal ring came out of the board...it was so hot i watched the fine tip slowly bend before my eyes..lol...bought a Hakko Station this morning, that weller was rated at 925 degrees i think ,way to hot !

Ill just buy a new board, populate and solder up the input/output jacks, power and breakout board and pot...Try again !

Mike

If you set it aside, don't be surprised if you pick it up after a few more builds and see something to fix that will do the trick.

Words to live by....i got it working !

Went back thru every single solder joint , anything that i glanced at twice i reflowed the solder...then rechecked again !

Didn't have a PCB pot to hook up to the board used a reg one , in cased it foam so nothing shorted and success !

Mike

Back