Twin Parentheses Build

Pretty happy with these, especially for being in the first batch of circuits I started. Sending one to a friend. Dropped the LM308s in today, last part. Came out fairly similar, but the Ge diodes do sound different, and the octave is weaker in one of them for sure. Would appreciate some thoughts on troubleshooting that if anyone has any. Can send gut shots later if anyones interested.
IMG_3699.jpg

I'd appreciate gut shots - I have parts on the way for a Parenthesis mini as my first pedal build. I find them helpful.

And THANKS!! Awesome looking builds.

Last edited:
These look great! You can improve the strength of the octave by using diodes with matched forward voltages. These differ from part to part so use a DMM to find a pair that are similar and chuck them in.

These look great! You can improve the strength of the octave by using diodes with matched forward voltages. These differ from part to part so use a DMM to find a pair that are similar and chuck them in.
Ok cool, I used some NOS D9Ks in both of theses, I tried to pair the closest sets I could guess the pairing I got from that lot just wasn't close enough. Does the Vf range matter on the octave section?

As far as I know matching voltage is more important than the voltage itself, but I'm sure it would have some impact.

Back