US sources for Film-Free Decal Paper?

mkstewartesq

I’ve become a big fan of Sunnyscopa Film Free Decals. However, when I went to re-order from Amazon, it appears they no longer carry them (Sunnyscopa sells other items there still, but even the link from my last order now redirect to a normal filmed waterslide decal product. I went to Sunnyscopa’s main site (apparently in Korea) and they want $50 to ship a $20 pack of paper to me. Apparently there is now a US site (Sunnyscopa.us) but, for whatever odd reason, they are only currently shipping to the West Coast and I live in Georgia. So that site won’t even let me place an order once I enter my address. I looked on AliExpress and, although there is one seller who uses pictures of Sunnyscopa, they never actually mention that brand-name and other things about the listing appear “off” enough that I’m hesitant to buy it unless I’ve heard someone else has with good results.

Does anyone have any alternative sources for this paper in the U.S., or recommendations on another brand of similar quality?

Thanks,

Mike

Oh, I just saw that that don't ship to your state. That's odd. WTF?
Yeah, their page says “Currently shipping is limited to the West Coast as we expand our shipping operations across the United States. For the time being, you can check if you're within range using the Shipping Estimator on the Cart Page.” No explanation why. It’s not like we’re buying munitions here or anything.

Yeah, their page says “Currently shipping is limited to the West Coast as we expand our shipping operations across the United States. For the time being, you can check if you're within range using the Shipping Estimator on the Cart Page.” No explanation why. It’s not like we’re buying munitions here or anything.
Maybe they don't know how to use USPS, UPS, or Fedex. There's just a guy who drives it to your house.

Now it appears they only offer international FedEx. Interestingly, it’s December 4 here in the US and if I place an order now, they say it would get here tomorrow.

View attachment 62369

For the 84¢ difference, definitely go Intnl PRIORITY. Yeesh. You know FedEx is scamming when there's that little difference in price between economy and priority.

I had some Sunnyscopa delivered to HK when I was visiting there. It arrived at my friend's place before I left, but I was unable to meet up with my friend (he was hella busy but not at his shop) so I never got my order before leaving and I'm still waiting for another friend to trans-ship it to me.

Never tried Sunnyscopa, eager to try it.

Looks like their Amazon store is out of stock. Might be because of the holidays. My wife is doing a bunch of craft stuff, right now. Maybe making Christmas plates was a tiktok trend or something?? I bet it will come back next year.

@mkstewartesq, if you need a few sheets to hold you over I can hook you up. PM me.

Looks like their Amazon store is out of stock. Might be because of the holidays. My wife is doing a bunch of craft stuff, right now. Maybe making Christmas plates was a tiktok trend or something?? I bet it will come back next year.

@mkstewartesq, if you need a few sheets to hold you over I can hook you up. PM me.

Firsr of all, thank you for the generous offer. I actually still have four or five sheets left so No need to send me any of yours, but I appreciate it. I’m more jonesing at the possibility that it may be really difficult to get when my sheets run out.

The Amazon situation is weird – normally when something is out of stock (even if Amazon is unsure whether it will ever become available again), Amazon will leave the product listing up and say “currently unavailable“. For this product, Amazon or Sunnyscopa just completely deleted the product page for this item and instead all the links to it redirect to the normal waterslide products (even the historical link in my order history) as if the product never existed. The Sunnyscopa storefront does still mention the product, but doesn’t link to any actual product page. It is just really odd.

Hopefully it comes back to Amazon in the future.

Mike

UPDATE - per Sunnyscopa's response to a Facebook Messenger query, they will no longer offer this product on Amazon. They just say "you have to buy from Shopify" which, I assume means either buying from their Korean operation and paying $50 shipping or hoping that their US operation eventually starts shipping to addresses beyond the West Coast.

UPDATE - per Sunnyscopa's response to a Facebook Messenger query, they will no longer offer this product on Amazon. They just say "you have to buy from Shopify" which, I assume means either buying from their Korean operation and paying $50 shipping or hoping that their US operation eventually starts shipping to addresses beyond the West Coast.
Dang. I bet Bezos screwed them over somehow. Good for them I say.

Bummer that Amazon is currently out. Hopefully they will restock at some point.

Just in case you need more of the glue that comes with the Sunnyscopa Film-Free Decal packet:
I ran out since there's no way that small glue pouch would last for multiple pedal artwork sessions. After doing some research, I bought some Mod Podge - Dishwasher Safe Gloss, and it works great! I actually like it better than the included glue pack. Supposedly the dishwasher safe formula is more durable and can hold up to heat better than the garden variety Mod Podge. You can currently buy an 8 oz. container at Target for $5.99.

Bummer that Amazon is currently out. Hopefully they will restock at some point.

Just in case you need more of the glue that comes with the Sunnyscopa Film-Free Decal packet:
I ran out since there's no way that small glue pouch would last for multiple pedal artwork sessions. After doing some research, I bought some Mod Podge - Dishwasher Safe Gloss, and it works great! I actually like it better than the included glue pack. Supposedly the dishwasher safe formula is more durable and can hold up to heat better than the garden variety Mod Podge. You can currently buy an 8 oz. container at Target for $5.99.
Good to know. Thanks. As an alternative, I see some possibly sketchy “film free decal paper” on AliExpress. Might be worth trying on a scrap enclosure to see how it does – but none of those seem to actually offer the glue. So it’s good to know there is a workable alternative for that out there.

Back