Using a reactive load

caspercody

I have a Marshall DSL40C, a DIY Suhr reactive load box, Valeton IR Coral box, and a Headrush FRFR108. Will this work without harming the amp:

DSL40C 16 ohm output -> DIY Suhr reactive load box -> Valeton IR Coral box -> Headrush FRFR108 powered guitar cabinet

Thanks
Rob

what are you trying to accomplish using the tube amp/load box/cab sim/powered amp setup you describe? ihave you tried just putting the reactive load between the power amp and speaker in the DSL40C?

my guess is that the output from the reactive load box will be too high for the cab sim input.

Just want to be able to try different IR’s instead of my 1x12.

Never thought of putting the reactive load between power amp and speaker. So that would work similar to an attenuator?

I may be off the mark here. I was thinking you would get enough output to drive the speaker from the reactive load box but that might not be the case. If you've got the equipment already I would give it a try and see. if the output is too low you still might not need the cab sim depending on whether you like the output as is from the loaded down Marshall.

Back