V3207 chip

I’m thinking about picking up some of the affordable pedals on Amazon. If they stink, a bunch of them have bucket brigade chips in them I could salvage
I ordered one from banzai and they said they were in stock. Turns out they were back ordered. So all I’ve done is preorder one when they come back in stock.

Is there any decent way of testing mn3207s short of dropping them into the circuit? I have some but I'm not sure if they're fake

Is there any decent way of testing mn3207s short of dropping them into the circuit? I have some but I'm not sure if they're fake
I just ordered a batch of those on eBay. I had a ceasar already built, so i took the v3207 out and then tested each mn3207. Only about half of them worked, but I got 10 of them on eBay for about 8 bucks from a seller in Hong Kong. 50% is not great. But I'll take it

But if I hadn't had a pedal that I knew worked, It would have been a pain testing them

Also, I was reading some of @temol 's posts at DIYSB from a few years back regarding a cabsim he was building. I believe this was the test circuit? Maybe he can shed some light.

1623550817366.png

Yeah, I actually looked at it after posting it (get your head in the game Tim). I may try that echo circuit on BB. Thank you!

Almost broke my eyes trying to read Scruffie's schematic. Traced it but there might be errors. Haven't breadboarded it yet - this was enough adventure on this front for one day. Sourced from this DIYSB post from Scruffie. Should produce a low fi slap back.

[schematic was revised after the next message]

a320X.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fig
I ordered one from banzai and they said they were in stock. Turns out they were back ordered. So all I’ve done is preorder one when they come back in stock.
Yup, the same thing happened to me too. I ended up asking them switch it for the MN3207, but now I am worried it's gonna be a fake.

Back