DEMO Vibing in the Shallow Water (VIIB & Low Tide)

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
A gently modified VIIB into a stock Low Tide -

1000018168.jpg

1000018165.jpg

VIIB mods -
  • Rate increased to 500kC for a wider range of slower speeds
  • C22 & C23 are 33n (higher speed range than stock)
  • DPDT on-off-on to add 220n caps in parallel with C22/23 (slows down the speed of the LFO considerably). Up position adds the 220n only to C23 for a warpy tape asymmetry, middle position is fast, down is slow
  • C24 replaced with toggle to choose between stock 47p or 150p for a noisier, seasick warble
  • Not sure why I grabbed "l" instead of "s" for the DPDT. Whatevs
Can't turn up my amp to decent levels right now, so no demo- but one is definitely coming.

Each build was dead simple, and beautifully laid out as is PedalPCB tradition.
The Low Tide has been one of my favorite modulation circuits since I built my first- it's elegant in that it is subtle but incredibly present. It's wibbly warbles are exciting and add life to fast or slow passages.
The VIIB is the benchmark for true pitch vibrato, and it's not hard to see why. It's unique bridged-t powered oscillator offers up an almost sickeningly smooth and symmetrical sine wave. The Rise Time circuit is an interesting feature, and with the intelligent relay, allows for some smooth momentary action

Last edited:
A gently modified VIIB into a stock Low Tide -

View attachment 61471

View attachment 61472

VIIB mods -
  • Rate increased to 500kC for a wider range of slower speeds
  • C22 & C23 are 33n (higher speed range than stock)
  • DPDT on-off-on to add 220n caps in parallel with C22/23 (slows down the speed of the LFO considerably). Up position adds the 220n only to C23 for a warpy tape asymmetry, middle position is fast, down is slow
  • C24 replaced with toggle to choose between stock 47p or 150p for a noisier, seasick warble
  • Not sure why I grabbed "l" instead of "s" for the DPDT. Whatevs
Can't turn up my amp to decent levels right now, so no demo- but one is definitely coming.

Each build was dead simple, and beautifully laid out as is PedalPCB tradition.
The Low Tide has been one of my favorite modulation circuits since I built my first- it's elegant in that it is subtle but incredibly present. It's wibbly warbles are exciting and add life to fast or slow passages.
The VIIB is the benchmark for true pitch vibrato, and it's not hard to see why. It's unique bridged-t powered oscillator offers up an almost sickeningly smooth and symmetrical sine wave. The Rise Time circuit is an interesting feature, and with the intelligent relay, allows for some smooth momentary action
you are a madman! this is cool beyond words. agreed, these are two of my favorite modulators as well... but also tough builds. Yer a bold dude to box them together. I like the curl of yer burl

Back