Video for understanding how a circuit works?

Hi everyone,

I'm on my 8th pedal and am having so much fun building. I was wondering if there is a resource/video/book that explains how the circuits work? Like someone breaks down a fuzz circuit and explains what every resistor and capacitor etc.does. I feel like I'm building these pedals and would really love to start learning why the circuits work the way they do. That'll give me a better understanding to start playing around with the circuits and switching things out.

Thanks in advance

I think you need to ask yourself what exactly you're looking to learn from a circuit analysis perspective. Are you looking to learn how BJTs work? Opamps? Tone Controls? Types of clipping for dirt circuits? How a muff/fuzz face/LPB-1/tubescreamer circuit works?

That being said, there's a ton of information on the forums here or various other pockets of the internet. The 'Test Kitchen' is a great start.

There's a channel on youtube that's pretty good. Not everything is circuit analysis, but some of the more recent ones are. It's an older channel.

There's probably some videos, but ...

Go to Electrosmash and click on "Pedals" in the banner at the top, that'll get you a pull-down menu to select a circuit to explore.

Our own BuddytheReow has some resources here on the forum.

Also check out Beavis Audio, RG Keen, Orman's AMZ.

EDIT: Forgot to hit "post" and BtR beat me to it.

Back