Volume Drop Paragon Overdrive

MauroRibeiroGtr

Hi, guys!
I recently set up a paragon (KOT) and I'm having a massive volume difference between channel 1 and channel 2. Any tips on what can be checked?

Best regards,
Mauro

IMG_3598.jpeg ,

Mauro

Attachments

• IMG_3599.jpeg
    IMG_3599.jpeg
    425.8 KB · Views: 18
Have you used an audio probe before?
Use the schematic and start from the first component of the left side and forward until you get a volume drop. That should identity where the issue is

Glad to hear that you got things working.

If you're still new to soldering, you will find that the leaded solder is quite a bit easier to use. Being concerned about the health impacts is commendable, but if you follow safe handling techniques, you can minimize your risk.

I don't recall where I heard this, but it's a good analogy: treat leaded solder like raw meat. Don't put the stuff in your mouth, don't eat, drink, smoke, or otherwise while handling it. Don't touch your face, mouth, eyes, or any other sensitive area after handling it unless you've thoroughly washed your hands first.

A common misconception is that there is lead in the fumes when soldering with leaded solder. The fumes you're seeing/smelling is the flux. Rosin flux is most commonly used flux chemistry and can be an irritant for sensitive groups (asthmatics, COPD, etc.), but if you work in a well-ventilated area and follow the other safe-handling suggestions previously mentioned, your risk should be pretty minimal.

Good deal!... I've run into a lot of faulty pots the past few years... I now make it a habit to ohm out the sweep on every pot before soldering them into a build.. especially trimmer pots... I've had many of those be bad.

Yeah, lead-free solder looks like crap, smell like chicken seasoning and it's a PITA to re-work.

I changed the volume pot and it's working normally. It's the first time I've had a defect problem in alpha pot.
Regarding the appearance of the weld, I am using a lead-free alloy (supposedly less harmful). I don't know why, but it looks like an old weld.
But the important thing is that in the end the pedal worked.

Thank you all!!

Back