Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Red, orange, yellow

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Orange, yellow, white

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

Bricksnbeatles

Member known well
As you may remember, about a half a year ago @fig held a contest for “little green scream machine” enclosure designs, and I came up with the “Oops! Wrong 808” design, based on the classic TR-808 drum machine. Well, now that I finally have some relays on the way for the relay bypass, I can finally get this thing finished up, so I got the enclosure drilled up today and the hardware all dry-fitted.

Here’s where I need your help— I can’t figure out which combination of knobs I should dress it up with, and if there are no knobs, there’s no build report; if there’s no build report there’s no guy shots!
I’m leaning towards either all orange, all white, or one of the two combinations of three colors. Vote on what y’all think is best!

Red:

Orange:

Yellow:

White:

Red, orange, yellow:

Orange, yellow, white:
https://i.imgur.com/GqpR3DH.jpg

…and: VOTE!

pretty surprised to see so many votes for all yellow–– didn't think that would be a popular option.

the reason I was leaning more towards orange or white is because those are the most similar to original TR-808 knobs, and then the three-color options were more to parallel the lines in the design/ the original pushbuttons. I do think the yellow has a nice pop to it too though, now that I think about it.

IMG_2527_grande.jpg

Of course, the absolute best option would be if I could get my hands on some OG TR-808 knobs (or good reproductions) without selling my kidneys LOL

As you may remember, about a half a year ago @fig held a contest for “little green scream machine” enclosure designs, and I came up with the “Oops! Wrong 808” design, based on the classic TR-808 drum machine. Well, now that I finally have some relays on the way for the relay bypass, I can finally get this thing finished up, so I got the enclosure drilled up today and the hardware all dry-fitted.

Here’s where I need your help— I can’t figure out which combination of knobs I should dress it up with, and if there are no knobs, there’s no build report; if there’s no build report there’s no guy shots!
I’m leaning towards either all orange, all white, or one of the two combinations of three colors. Vote on what y’all think is best!

Red:

Orange:

Yellow:

White:

Red, orange, yellow:

Orange, yellow, white:
https://i.imgur.com/GqpR3DH.jpg

…and: VOTE!
Orange, but they all look fantastic. I think that amazing enclosure is throwing me off.

Looks awesome! I voted yellow, but I think any of the unmixed colors look good. The mixed colors looks scattered to me.

At first I liked yellow. But I don't recall seeing all the pictures (were they always there?). After seeing the sample pics, I changed my vote: Orange, yellow, white, because it would match the stripe pattern.

Back