DEMO Vutron V (Mu-Tron Micro V clone), envelope filter

This post contains an audio or video demo

Ludovic

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
Edit 03/07/2023:

Fun and easy build, design by PCB Guitar Mania and kit by Das Musikding.

Overall good tone but too much gain in the input stage, the effect is saturating too fast. Quite difficult to get a clean envelope filter sound.
In addition, the output volume is often way higher than the input, depending on the filter frequency (which is expected behavior for filters or wah pedals) but no output gain/volume pot there to adjust.

These issues might already exist in the original Mu-Tron Micro V this circuit is derived from, can't confirm as I never got one to test.

Anyhow, not really pedalboard friendly.

PXL_20230702_122322827.jpg

Ugly front... (my bad)

PXL_20230702_123409032.jpg

Nice tone, but too much distortion:
  • Loop1: raw signal (Fender Strat > Vibrolux Reverb)
  • Loop2: Vutron V, Hi, settings 1
  • Loop3: Vutron V, Hi, settings 2
  • Loop4: Vutron V, Lo, settings 1
  • Loop5: Vutron V, Lo, settings 2

Last edited:
After 24 hours of testing and cool down of the satisfaction of having it done and working, I'm facing the limit of this pedal : too much input gain out-of-the box, leading too often to distortion. No pot to adjust it. Also output is often too loud compared to the input signal.

We're miles away from that:

Last edited:
After 24 hours of testing and cool down of the satisfaction of having it done and working, I'm facing the limit of this pedal : too much input gain out-of-the box, leading too often to distortion. No pot to adjust it. Also output is often too loud compared to the input signal.

We're miles away from that:
EffectsPedalKits has a nice MXR Envelope Filter board

Back