Wah , Dunlop

Budd

I recently saw circuit board of a Dunlop wah pedal with a CV7112 on the board , can’t find it anymore , has anybody seen it ?

I haven't seen it, but I'm not sure that that's the best use for a germanium transistor with a hFE of 50–100. You'd be better off with a BC108/109 or 2N5088 with a hFE in the range of 350–500; lower than that and it'll start sounding anemic. I've done some extensive wah mods myself, and by far the most useful/effective ones were replacing a couple resistors to increase the low mids and sharpen the resonant peak. See here for more.

I agree , I have 2n5089’s & have the mod from I think his name is Gagen in Texas . I also installed a 100 k pot in place if the res for vocal , seems to work well . I’m sure I saw on line somewhere a photo of the circuit with the CV7112 trans , but as I said I agree it would be kinda lame without the gain from 2n5088’s .
I use the 2n5089’s in the Trotsky drive & also a CV7112 in the other one I built . The silicon sounds better , more dynamic
but germanium is ok as well just not the drive . Thanks for the reply TTYL Budd

Back